MAMLUKS for Test of Time

MAMLUKS for Test of Time 2022-05-14

Heresson’s Mamluks scenario for FW converted to Test of Time. The Ilkhanate and other than You Muslims are your eternal enemies.
Latins ARE NOT. I strongly discourage You from attacking them early in the game.
You'll have no chance to defend against them on the sea and to attack them
in their Outremer posessities. If You want to repeal Mongols, to have some strong
units, You have to move your fleet from Egyptian shores to Crimea, and it'll
be hard if You are at war with them... The same problem is with Romans and
the Golden Horde. You need to keep good relations with them - but unlike Latins,
You should have no intention of attacking them anytime in the game.
I still haven't decided if the game should be objective or normal scn...
Again, the objective system is not objective; You can conquer lots of cities and not
win. On the other hand, that could make You expand in "proper" regions.
Very early in the game, your only problem are bedouin attacks on your
oases in the west, Bahrite (barabrian) and Ayyubid (Muslim) attacks in the east,
and some Nubian barbarian attacks in the south. I've made an experiment; if you do nothing,
Egypt should be destroyed quite quickly.
Later, the things get worse, as the Ilkhanate
should expand rapidly in Mesopotamia and Syria, and Egypt even - if You don't stop them.
After Damascus falls into Mongol hands, unit named Kitboga shall be created somewhere
near Al-Quds, Jerusalem; You should destroy it no matter the costs.
It won't be easy. Latins will not attack You, but can ally with the Ilkhanate
and probably won't do that with You (You can try). If Al-Quds is still in Muslim hands, You can
expect their attack. If it is in Mongol hands, assault on Kitboga will be even more difficult.
Mamluk units have ignore zones of control ability, which shall make it all a bit easier for You.
In fact, this expedition is mission impossible, You probably can't save participating units.
But I can assure that after You succeed, Mongols shall become much weaker and conquest
of Syria shall be possible - and that's just what You should do.
After that You can prepare for the conquest of Outremer.
  • mamluks_1_UT7.png
    mamluks_1_UT7.png
    829.3 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: Tanelorn
Author
gapetit
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings