Militia Defense v.14
Militia units automatically rise up to defend against foreign invasions.
* When an enemy unit first enters hostile territory, the defender raises at least one Militia near their capital.
* The number of Militia raised increases by one per era past the Ancient.
* Militia are much weaker when fighting outside friendly territory.
* Militia are disbanded after 20 turns (varies with Game Speed)
* Militia units that reach Level 2 may enter permanent duty for a small Gold fee.
* Minors and Barbarians cannot raise Militia, nor will they cause Militia to be raised.
* Occupied and Puppeted cities cannot raise Militia.
* Unhappy Civilizations cannot raise Militia.
*Vanilla, Gods & Kings, Brave New World
Changing Default Settings
You can easily change basic settings by editing Militia_UserSettings.lua, located the Militia Mod folder, which is in your Civ MODS folder. Open the lua file with any text editor (e.g. WordPad), make desired changes and then save and close the file.
* Disable Militia for human players
* Allow unhappy Empires to raise Militia
* Force Milita to spawn near each city (not just the capital)
* Allow Minors to raise militia.
* Change the allowable Milita Eras (by default, Militia can be raised in any era).
v.14 is backwards compatible with v.13.
Militia Defense (v.14) 2016-10-05
Militia Defense (v.14)