[MODMOD] PTSD - sub-mod for We The People 4.1

[MODMOD] PTSD - sub-mod for We The People 4.1 v2.5.6

* PTSD v1.x are based on We The People v.3.0.1, PTSD v2.0-v2.4 on We The People v.4.0.2 and PTSD v2.5 on v4.1

Pilgrim Trauma, Stress & Disorder (Submod for WeThePeople)

Here is my limited edition of We the People, if anyone would like to try some slightly quirky limits, obstacles and other hardships.

This is a learning by doing project, made in the new world with its lax standards of quality, by an amateurish submodder wannabe having exponential amounts of fun.

This submod is suitable for people who do not enjoy meticulously planning things 300 years in advance, but rather respond to the need of the moment. For people mentally incapacitated by 10th generation Great Northern War shellshock. For the few that enjoy doing their best with the rotten hand they were dealt; that do not know what the terms “rage quit” or “reload a game” even mean; but have been bored to semi-sleep plenty of times by the lack of negative challenges.

Main Changes:
  • Less resource yields on plots
  • Livestock Breeding rates have certain points where it drops off a bit.
  • Limited resources in Europe
  • Limited Initial Plots per Settlement (Optional)
  • Limited Happiness from buildings
  • Limited Happiness from Open Borders
  • No Unhappiness from Wars
  • Extra Happiness for Fulfilling Domestic Market Demands
  • Extra Production from Slaves
  • Expert Third Herd Thinner - When capturing a city one third of the population will perish and another third will be reduced to regular european colonist status.
  • No, this does not “mean war”, ever. Wars can only be started by going through the diplomacy menu.
  • No map trading
  • Town Guards +1 combat.
  • Buildings cannot be rushed without the required yield amounts stored in the city, including lumber (human players only)
  • No more messages for price changes in Europe nor for the domestic market transactions.
  • Natives don’t raid when killed and raiding chances when withdrawing from combat are reduced.
  • Brigantine instead of man-o-war from the king when he wants war.
  • Converted natives cannot learn trades at villages.
  • Less Smootchy ring kiss
  • Actual Triangular Triangle Trade (Game Option):
    • 30-50% of each ship cargo is rededicated as hold or steerage and carry only goods and servants/slaves (Transatlantic travels only).
    • Prices of Rum, Sugar, Sailcloth and Cloth have been raised in Africa to also encourage trade. Food and horse prices have been lowered.
  • Trading posts sell less well.
  • Revolting slaves and hostile natives are combat 4.
  • changed the unhappiness from slaves to be something less abrupt than the population 10 cliff of the core mod. I think it is an x/4 - 2 curve. So one unhappy max at population 10 even if you have 10 slaves, and max 8 at population 40.
  • Took away the indentured servants rights to bear arms.
  • Behold, no one walking on the water - not new world Gennesaret nor Thames. It literally was not even partially immersive. Find a good ford.
  • Changed unhappiness from lacking protection to every 4 added population.
  • Changed the glaring "Sweden somehow has won an independence victory" like a cracked plastic participation trophy or wet diploma that has to poke you in the eye if you decide to play an extended game.
  • Reduced morale/health bounce when promoting units.
  • Faster Heal rates in enemy and neutral territories.
  • A ranger failed to communicate with the chief one too many times. Now rangers, all professional soldiers, ships and wagons can also talk to chiefs (because not being able to do that was also too unrealistic.) On the other hand, slaves, servants, criminals and treasures are not allowed to wander about talking to strangers.
  • Indentured Servants are better than free colonists at certain things (like a little less than half of the manufactory professions) and worse at others.
  • Culture Level thresholds have been increased significantly
  • Most of the advanced buildings produce slightly less happiness.
  • The odds of getting a race to sell 5000 of a yield in Europe was reduced in the last version from 100% to 5%, so only a few of the yields end up having a race, not every single one.
  • All founding fathers are available to everyone (Game Option)
  • A lot less shipwrecks in the ocean. Extremely weird really to search the entirety of the sea for treasures that more than likely would have sunk to the floor rather than bop around lustily near the Antarctic, not to mention that there would realistically not be shipwrecks there to begin with.
  • Less animal lairs.
  • You get zero exploration points for combing through water plots.
  • Natives are more productive
  • No rush buildings without required yields in town
  • Unhappiness for missing protection is 1 per 4 added population
  • Citizens might starve to DEATH
  • Revolting and fleeing is a bit less common
  • No culture from population
  • Made the units and ships big again.
  • Happiness and unhappiness tool-tips show up even when playing widescreen with 1-plot city radius
  • Removed people from Africa that felt out of place.
  • Yields that can be bought in Europe and sold in Africa for a profit have a golden tint to the price tags.
  • Treasures are much times less like likely to pop out of the goody huts and the chiefs' gift stacks
  • Removed some culture from the Sophisticated trait
  • Borders grow much more slowly
  • Exploration Points have been divorced from Politics, and married to Education instead
  • Harbor space feature is deactivated.
  • Clay is found a little here and there.
  • Clustered bonus placement is a game option. So you can have some really sweet spots, and some really barren ones.
  • Rebalanced Domestic Market Demands to be less extreme. We can't keep on running out of coffee like this.
  • Rebalanced profession output per building level to be 2,4,6 instead of 3,6,6 (still with doubled values for experts, so 4,8,12)... in most cases.
  • I think I lowered the amounts the natives ask for their door-to-door peddling to be the same as you would get if you were the one visiting them.
  • No suffocating horses from of too much cotton overflowing into the stalls.
  • Most fathers give less ships and units if they give more than 1 of each.
  • Natives are more powerful.
  • The max amounts to be traded with natives can be adjusted before you initiate trade
  • Natives cannot teach you how to become unique national units.
  • Natives no longer demand guns and black powder, since it was no fun, and - or - but you will still get 125% profit from selling those and horses to them.
  • The demanded good change threshold in villages is increased by 400% since it is fun to build up an industry based on what the neighbors might be coveting.
Changes Specific to PTSD v1.5.3 (which I consider the peak version of this sub-mod thus far - as in being the most stable, enjoyable and most in line with the vision):
  • Food Storage is a separate issue
  • Growth is based on city food consumption minus unfulfilled domestic demands

Victory is to be declared every time you send out a new settler, keep your people festively happy or successfully conquer another city (though independence from Europe is always ultimately a far off goal worth dreaming about) .

Read about all the previous versions at the additional info URL
Author
Ramstormp
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from Ramstormp

Latest updates

1. Bugfixes

Changed the 'Gold Stolen from Negative Law' sound to a slightly modified version of the 'Goods...
  2. That No Good Whale May Not Be Noticed Now - Bug & Flaw Fixes

No sentry alarm for animals Forts don't see so far Moved people around some more in Europe...
  3. The Good Doctor Can Be Seen Now - Bugfixes

Fixed bug where some units would not be generated after certain events Quick-Fixed bug where...
  4. No Glow Bugfix

Someone exactly 1/3 my age (no, not exactly... off by 2 years... I used a calculator) of the...
  5. Sudden Random Ten-Thumbed Pioneer Bugfix etc.

Fixed bug where pioneers were unable to build improvements, or regular units appeared to be able...
  6. v2.5.1 Strange Attraction to the Introduction of Last Minute, Untested Changes = Necessary Bugfix

Feature_River_Ford not Feature_Ford, who would have known... Surely Henry, Surely Gerald, Surely...
  7. Borrowed Trail Glue - Tried to Tack Track

Slipped back to 99 Yields etc. for the time being. Returned to mostly core mod city screen style...
  8. Dress Me In Some Parrot Plumage Senor Tailor

Realized I did not have the profession to extract the trade goods or luxury goods from the foxes...
  9. Poor Plastered Pirate Port Bugfix & Balancing

Finally made it to Port Royal and realized the yield boxes were too high. Rebalanced Domestic...
  10. Perhaps For a Limited Time... Mo', Mo', Here's More LIMITS!

Reduced amounts of goods and respective buildings and experts etc. to 56 (from 99). Choices were...

Latest reviews

When I upgrade any unit, the game crashes, which is quite fatal for the gaming experience. Although I don't know why, I just replaced the WTP file with all inside ptsd.
Ramstormp
Ramstormp
ok, I am pretty sure I fixed it, and posted an update. Thank you for pointing it out.
Top Bottom