A trivial mod of the main options menu that lets you keep up to 1000 autosaves instead of the vanilla limit of 10. Note that all autosaves will still be deleted when you create a new game!
Since this makes changes to the main menu, it is currently not possible to make a packaged mod out of this that can be selected from the Additional Content menu.
1. Find the main Civ 6 installation folder. On a PC it will usually be in one of these places:
2. Make a backup of your existing Options.lua file! Find it here:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civilization VI
3. Replace the existing Options.lua file with the one in the downloaded zip archive.
- [path from previous step]\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Options.lua
4. Restart Civilization VI. Go to Game Options in the main menu and choose as many autosaves as you want. See screenshot below.
More Autosaves 2016-12-03
Keep up to 1000 autosaves instead of just 10.