Resource icon

More Great Writers V1.0

First in a series of Great People mods that I've been working on. Adds over 100 new Great Writers across all Eras. No Sean Bean reading the quotes I'm afraid.

I had planned on making the new buildings and changes to the existing buildings optional via 'Advanced Setup' but haven't been able to get the criteria functionality to work reliably. Hopefully I'll be able to add this in soon.

Additional changes and additions include the following, check out the Civilopedia for more details on everything.

Passive Effect
All Great Writers now have a Passive Effect -> +1 Culture to the tile they are currently in (they have to be standing in the tile for a full turn for it to take effect).

Note that like all tile yields, the tile needs to be worked by the city in order for it to be useful. Now all those Great Writers standing around actually contribute something.

New Building - National Library
A new buliding that can be built in a campus district once you have the Nationalism civic. There can be only one - in each civ. This has 3 Great Work of Writing slots and is themed by unique person.

Base Game Building Changes
Great Library - Now has 4 Great Work of Writing slots and is themed by unique person
Oxford University - Now has 3 Great Work of Writing slots and is themed by unique person

Conflicts
There shouldn't be any, but I guess any other mods that change/add Great Writers may conflict.

Graphics
I haven't done any custom unit/building graphics as this is way beyond my skill-set, instead I've re-used or adapted existing graphics. All buildings are non-visual at the moment.

Bugs
There's a bug where the theming progress isn't displayed properly - it just shows 'Theming (0/4)' for example, despite having something in it. Once it's full, and properly themed it works OK. I'm trying to figure out a LUA change to fix it.

If you find any others, let me know!

Civiliopedia content sourced from wikipedia.org and quotes sourced from all over the internet.
Author
StormingRomans
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from StormingRomans

Top Bottom