A mod to the epic game. I designed this to be an unofficial update/expansion pack.
Minimum turns to research a tech have been reduced to 3.
Tech tree has been expanded, especially in modern times.
Game ends in 2063, rather than 2050, if no one's gotten a victory by then to correspond to Zefram Cochrane's first warp flight in Star Trek.
Changes to Tribes/Civilizations
Egypt's leader has been changed to Ramses the Great. China is led by Wu Zetian. France is led by Charlemagne. America is led by FDR. Because FDR was president in World War II, America's shunned government has been changed to fascism.
City lists have been expanded. For a given civ they now include at least one city from each region/province/state (NOT from every county/prefecture/equivalent).
Just like in the original game all wonders (except the secret police) produce culture.
- Parthenon - increases both science and income in its city by 50%
- Silk Road - establishes trade links between each of your cities on the continent and brings the happiness benefits of a marketplace to them as well
- Hollywood - Doubles happiness of Broadcast Station (see improvements below) and makes one unhappy citizen content in all cities. Produces a lot of culture.
- Smithsonian Institution - Increases research by 100% in its city.
- Bell Labs - Increases research by 50% and production by 25% in its city.
- Rock & Roll - Makes 1 unhappy citizen content in every city. Produces a lot of culture.
- Burj Khalifa - Each trade producing tile worked in its city produces 1 more gold.
- World Trade Center (rebuilt) - pays maintence for commercial improvements
- Skytree - Places a broadcast station in every city on the continent.
- Broadway - Doubles happiness of performance halls. Generates a sizeable amount of culture.
- Jazz - Puts a performance hall in every city. Generates a sizeable amount of culture.
- Center for Nuclear Research (CERN) - Increases research by 100% in its city. Note: Because it could very well end up being built a non-European civ, the "European" part was removed from its name.
- Online Marketplace - Increases income by 50% in its city.
Changes to existing wonders
- Naval Academy - Raises movement of ships by 2. Stacks with bonuses from Magellans' Voyage and being seafaring. Requires at least one elite naval unit.
- Naval Memorial - Reduces War weariness in all your cities. Requires at least one elite naval unit.
- National Park - Reduces pollution, increases research by 50% in its city, makes one unhappy citizen content in all cities (and one extra in its home city). Requires 5 parks.
- War Memorial - Decrease war weariness in all your cities. Requires Heroic Epic.
- Fascist Secret Police HQ - Same as its communist counterpart, only for fascist governments
- Biotech Center - Increases research by 50% in its city. Requires 5 research labs. Necessary to build certain Spaceship parts.
- National Library - Requires 5 libraries. Increases research by 50% in its city.
- Central Bank - Requires Wall St. Increases income in its city by 50%.
- Propaganda Ministry - Comes in fascist and communist flavors. Makes 1 unhappy citizen content in every city. Requires 5 propaganda outlets.
- Steelmill Modernization - Reduces pollution from ironworks and increases productivity by an additional 25%. Requires ironworks.
- Universal suffrage - No longer affects war weariness. Instead places a courthouse in every city. Now requires a democratic government.
- The internet - Higher up on tech tree. Still grants research lab in every city on the continent, but now also gives benefits of the Great Library.
- The Sistine Chapel - Requires 5 cathedrals, makes 1 unhappy citizen content in every city (including on other continents)
Changes to Existing Improvements
- Advanced Fission Power Plant - Increases production by 125%. Cannot melt down.
- Algae/Seaweed Farm - Water tiles produce one extra shield and food.
- Broadast Station - Produces 2 content faces and lowers corruption (democratic government required). 2 culture
- 3D Printer - Increases production by 25%. Requires manufacturing plant.
- Fusion Power plant - Increases productivity by 125%
- Industrial Scrubber - Halves the pollution produce by a factory.
- Newspaper - Lowers corruption. 2 culture.
- Oil Power Plant - Produces slightly less pollution than coal. Increases production by 50%.
- Park - Slightly lowers pollution. Produces 1 content face.
- Performance Hall - Produces 1 content face. 2 culture.
- Propaganda Outlet - Produces 2 content faces. Comes in fascist and communist varieties.
- Wastewater treatment plant- Reduces pollution. Requires both sanitation (hospital) and mass production.
- Coal plants produce twice as much pollution
- Recycling plants reduce pollution from buildings, but no longer cap it at 1.
- Airports require advanced flight.
- Artwork for Bach's Cathedral has been changed from Notre Dame de Paris to Thomaskirche (St Thomas Church), the church he actually played the organ in, including in city view if you choose to replace your conquests.biq file rather than run it as a scenario, but please back up your files first if you go this route.
- Artwork for cathedral is now fully culture specific, including in city view if you choose to replace your conquests.biq file rather than run it as a scenario, but again please back up your files first if you go this route.
- Fast Settler - the settler unit you start with. Cannot be built. It has two moves per turn and ignores terrain penalties, so you can can move it one square and still found a city on your first turn.
- AEGIS destroyers, AEGIS cruisers, and modernized battleships (based on the modernization of the Iowa-class ships in the 1980s) can now carry cruise missiles.
- Aircraft carriers now require advanced flight. They also upgrade to the supercarrier.
- The F-22 is now America's unique unit. It is an actual step up (and a much bigger one) from the unit it replaces, unlike the F-15, but it comes even later in the game than F-15. It replaces the stealth fighter, but has a longer range, higher attack and defense stats, and can conduct air superiority missions. Unlike the the F-15, the F-22 is only flown by the USA. Jet fighters upgrade to the F-22.
- Stealth Bombers and stealth fighters (including the F-22) require titanium (available upon researching supersonic flight).
- Titanium - as mentioned above it's been added and becomes available with supersonic flight.
- Aluminum - becomes available with advanced flight instead of with rocketry.
- Tropical fruit - same stats, but different graphics
Nations and Empires 1.1
Unofficial update/expansion pack