Resource icon
Final addition. Multiple changes. Please see the read me.
Fixes some spelling errors and 2 event errors. Save game compatible.
Fixes some issues with aircraft carriers and task forces.
Considerable updates. Frankly, too many to list. Some notables:

-Payload mechanism (so bombers can only attack once per sortie)
-Firestorm mechanism (where any city could be the next Hamburg or Dresden)
-Addition of Experten and named aces for Germany (Adolf Galland, Egon Mayer, etc.)
-Singleplayer support (hotseat mode only, meaning you must play against yourself). Some planes won't take off, some attacks will falter, etc.
-Increased "quality of life" components to reduce turn time.
Fixes issue with onboard radar (small typo in lua prevented it from working).
-Added all Historic Missions (Gomorrah, Schweinfurt and Regensburg, etc.)
-Fixed bug where cities were deleting after certain number of turns, including Italian Theatre and Russian Front cities
-Fixed oversight where some German cities started with food shortage.
-Fixed oversight where Red Army improvement could be sold - now it cannot be sold.

Changes after release.

Changed the reaction priority function (something that could dictate the order of reacting units, but we never bothered to use) to be strictly based on the unit id, instead of a semi-random system there was before, since I received an error during testing. This should work, though I thought that the last time too.

This will probably necessitate an update for everyone.

Removed 109 from these two tables, to keep special target from disappearing

local unitTypesToBeDeletedEachTurn =
local unitTypesWhichCanBeDestroyedWithoutMovementReduction =

For some reason, night map bombed industry shows the prepared terrain sprite from Ceasar's Gallic Wars. Not sure if this is a problem on my setup, or a general mistake.

Operation Gomorrah seems to be working. Tested it out by setting setting the first and last turn really low.

Made the following changes to the target modifier, since A multiplier of .8 does not cancel out a multiplier of 1.2, etc.

dTM = {clouds = 1.5, cloudsTech1=nil, cloudsTech1Mod = 1, cloudsTech2=nil, cloudsTech2Mod=1, tech1=nil, tech1Mod=nil, tech2=nil, tech2Mod=1, enemyTech1=techAliases.TacticsI, enemyTech1Mod=1.2, enemyTech2=techAliases.TacticsII,enemyTech2Mod=1.5,counterToEnemyTech1=techAliases.TacticsI, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=1/1.2,counterToEnemyTech2 = techAliases.TacticsII, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=1/1.5,}

targetDRM[unitAliases.GermanFlak.id]={clouds =dTM.clouds, cloudsTech1=techAliases.ProximityFuses, cloudsTech1Mod =1.25/dTM.clouds, cloudsTech2=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, cloudsTech2Mod=1.18/1.25, tech1=techAliases.ProximityFuses, tech1Mod=.85, tech2=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, tech2Mod=.85, enemyTech1=nil, enemyTech1Mod=nil, enemyTech2=nil,enemyTech2Mod=nil,counterToEnemyTech1=nil, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=nil, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=nil,}
targetDRM[unitAliases.AlliedFlak.id]={clouds =dTM.clouds, cloudsTech1=techAliases.ProximityFuses, cloudsTech1Mod =1.25/dTM.clouds, cloudsTech2=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, cloudsTech2Mod=1.18/1.25, tech1=techAliases.ProximityFuses, tech1Mod=.85, tech2=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, tech2Mod=.85, enemyTech1=nil, enemyTech1Mod=nil, enemyTech2=nil,enemyTech2Mod=nil,counterToEnemyTech1=nil, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=nil, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=nil,}

Proximity fuses reduces the cloud 'bonus' from 50% to 25%, and advanced radar reduces the cloud bonus to 18% (without proximity fuses, advanced radar reduces the cloud bonus to 41.6%). Additionaly, Proximity fuses and advanced radar increase accuracy by 15% each for all attacks, meaning that together, any flak event with probability of 72.25% under the base system becomes 100% certain (and everything less so is scaled up).
targetDRM[unitAliases.He219.id]={clouds =1.1, cloudsTech1=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, cloudsTech1Mod =1/1.1, cloudsTech2=dTM.cloudsTech2, cloudsTech2Mod=dTM.cloudsTech2Mod, tech1=dTM.tech1, tech1Mod=dTM.tech1Mod, tech2=dTM.tech2, tech2Mod=dTM.tech2Mod, enemyTech1=dTM.enemyTech1, enemyTech1Mod=dTM.enemyTech1Mod, enemyTech2=dTM.enemyTech2,enemyTech2Mod=dTM.enemyTech2Mod,counterToEnemyTech1=dTM.counterToEnemyTech1, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=dTM.counterToEnemyTech1Mod, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=dTM.counterToEnemyTech2Mod,}
targetDRM[unitAliases.MosquitoXIII.id]={clouds =1.1, cloudsTech1=techAliases.AdvancedRadarIII, cloudsTech1Mod =1/1.1, cloudsTech2=dTM.cloudsTech2, cloudsTech2Mod=dTM.cloudsTech2Mod, tech1=dTM.tech1, tech1Mod=dTM.tech1Mod, tech2=dTM.tech2, tech2Mod=dTM.tech2Mod, enemyTech1=dTM.enemyTech1, enemyTech1Mod=dTM.enemyTech1Mod, enemyTech2=dTM.enemyTech2,enemyTech2Mod=dTM.enemyTech2Mod,counterToEnemyTech1=dTM.counterToEnemyTech1, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=dTM.counterToEnemyTech1Mod, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=dTM.counterToEnemyTech2Mod,}

Deleted most lines of areaReactDRM, since only heavy flak and flak trains actually can react in this way. I should never have put in all the units here.

-- default target modifiers for area reaction against reacting units
dARTM = {clouds = .9, cloudsTech1=nil, cloudsTech1Mod = 1, cloudsTech2=nil, cloudsTech2Mod=1, tech1=techAliases.TacticsI, tech1Mod=1.2, tech2=nil, tech2Mod=1, enemyTech1=nil, enemyTech1Mod=1, enemyTech2=nil,enemyTech2Mod=1,counterToEnemyTech1=nil, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=1,counterToEnemyTech2 = nil, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=1,}

These are the defaults for the area reacting unit doing damage to its allies. I figure that being in a cloud means a greater chance of friendly fire damage not less. Better tactics reduce the likelihood of friendly fire damage, hence the 20% reduction in damage likelihood. I eliminated the effect of enemy techs, since it doesn't seem likely that the enemy's technology will impact how likely you are to accidentally shoot your own side. (We can put it back if we like, I suppose some technology might make your enemy more likely to have friendly fire incidents)

German and Allied Heavy Flak, and flak train are all set to the default. This can be changed if necessary. No other units do area reaction damage.

-- default target modifiers for area reaction against bystander units
dABTM = {clouds = 1, cloudsTech1=nil, cloudsTech1Mod = 1, cloudsTech2=nil, cloudsTech2Mod=1, tech1=nil, tech1Mod=nil, tech2=nil, tech2Mod=1, enemyTech1=nil, enemyTech1Mod=1, enemyTech2=nil,enemyTech2Mod=1,counterToEnemyTech1=nil, counterToEnemyTech1Mod=1,counterToEnemyTech2 = nil, counterToEnemyTech2Mod=1,}

I figure that 'bystander' units are neither being targeted nor avoided, so clouds really don't affect their likelihood of being hit or missed, and that not much else does either. I suppose development of RadarIII might make flak more accurate at attacking the intended target, and so make friendly fire and "accidental" hits more rare. So, perhaps these should be revisited.

Commented out the line that updates clouds with a key press.

setFlagFalse("FrenchOccupationCalculated") added to the apropriate place.

[unitAliases.Fw200.id] = {base = 0, moveBonus = 4, germany = 0,}
changed to
[unitAliases.Fw200.id] = {base = 0, moveBonus = 0, germany = 4,}

so that the movement is not expended for the german unit.

In operation chastise, the construction crews are teleported to the square (290,80,0), which is roughly in the center of the three dams. The teleportation is done on the German turn, and on the daylight map, so the bombers attacking the dams can't simply pick off a stack of construction crews. The Germans will have a chance to defend the units, or at least spread them out. Allied units on that square will be moved over.

Tested operation chastise, which seems to be working.

For some reason, the umlaut in Peenemunde doesn't display properly if done in a string, so accessed the name of the city of Peenemunde in the hydra strings. I ran through all text aliases in a loop to make sure the strings were displaying properly, though I may have missed something.
Fixes events so that German freight train event works each turn instead of only the first turn.
Top Bottom