Resource icon

Ozzy's Map of Erebus for Orbis v3

Here is my stab at creating an interesting, playable, and somewhat accurate (based on what little I know of the storyline) map for use with Kael's Fall from Heaven 2 mod and Ahwaric's Orbis modmod.

Version 3 (compatible with Orbis version 1.0b) Uploaded 6-6-19:
Download Here.

This huge map includes all finished, playable civs (as of version 1.0b). The leaders/civs included are:

Bannor - Sabathiel
Malakim - Varn Gosam
Elohim - Einion Logos
Luchuirp - Beeri Bawl
Kuriotates - Cardith
Ljosalfar - Arendel Phaedra
Palatinate - Siegfried

Khazad - Kandros Fir
Amurites - Valledia the Even
Grigori - Cassiel
Sidar - Sandalphon
Lanun - Hannah the Irin
Hippus - Tasunke
Mechanos - Verocchio
Scions of Patria - Risen Emperor
Dao - Yinxi

Doviello - Charadon
Balseraphs - Perpentach
Svartalfar - Faeryl Viconia
Clan of Embers - Sheelba
Calabim - Alexis
Sheaim - Tebryn Arbandi
Illians - Auric
Tlactl - Kolsehvahn

I took care to balance the placement of good/neutral/evil civs. No civ should be totally surrounded by enemies nor entirely enclosed by friends. Most civs (16 of them) are on one main continent with the Lanun on a nearby island. Seven civs (two good, three neutral and two evil) are placed on a separate continent. There should be enough room (and open civ slots) for Mercurians and Infernal to spawn.

Civs were placed according to their native land. Hippus are in a great central plain. Khazad are in a mountain range. Doviello are in the tundra, etc.

I did my best to arrange civs according to who their neighbors are in the storyline I found on the wiki. I was only able to find a description for Bannor (that the Clan of Embers were to their east, Doviello to their northwest, and Lunun in islands to the west). The Khazad and Luchuirp are neighbors as are the Ljosalfar and Svartalfar.

Finally I tried to make the map conform to natural geographic characteristics with two large mountain chains running north and south situated in the east and the west of the main continent. In both cases the mountains divide greener land closer to the ocean and drier land in the interior. I also did my best to cluster resources to necessitate trade between civs.

Version 3 Changes:
I added Palatinate & Dao, which necessitated expanding the smaller continent. I switched the leader for the Tlactl to be evil and moved the Sheaim to the smaller continent with the Dao taking their spot on the big one (for alignment balance). I also did some rebalancing of resources.

Any comments, suggestions, complaints are certainly welcome. The "development thread" is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=341290

Thanks! I hope y'all enjoy it!

To use:
1. Download file and unzip map into My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps
2. Load Orbis Mod
3. Select "Start Scenario" (from either single player or multiplayer)
4. Pick "Ozzy's Map of Erebus for Orbis"
5. Enjoy!
Author
OzzyKP
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from OzzyKP

Top Bottom