Resource icon

p0kiehl's Phoenicia Rework 2019-03-01

Phoenicia is a great civ, but when I think of Phoenicia, I think of Trade and Science!

This mod is a rework of the Phoenician unique abilities to be more focused on Trade with a Science edge! It also keeps some original aspects of the design with alterations for more fun.

Overall, the aspects of this reworked design synergize to encourage the player to seek out fertile areas, settle across the map, and start trading with neighbors near and far!

Civilization Ability: Phoenician Alphabet
• Begin the game with the Writing technology unlocked.
• Trade Routes to foreign cities provide +1 Science and +2 Gold for each Luxury resource in the originating Phoenician city.
• Traders generate +1 Great Merchant point per turn while traveling on water or traveling outside of Phoenician territory, doubling if both conditions are met.

Leader Ability: Founder of Carthage
• Can move the Capital to a city with a Cothon by completing a unique project in that city.
• Founded Coastal cities on the same continent as the Phoenician Capital are 100% Loyal.
• Settlers gain +2 Movement and +2 sight range while embarked.
• Settlers ignore additional Movement costs from embarking and disembarking.

Unique District: Cothon
• +1 Trade Route capacity if adjacency bonus is at least +4 when built.
• +50% Production towards naval units, Settlers, and Traders in this city.

Unique Unit: Bireme (NOTE: not changed)
• Trader units are immune to being plundered if they are within 4 tiles of a Bireme and on a water tile.

Special Thanks
Special thanks to Firaxis for making this awesome civ and to Sukritact, whose Reworked Khmer mod gave me the idea to change an existing civ. His excellent Civ 5 Phoenicia mod was also an inspiration.
Author
pokiehl
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from pokiehl

Top Bottom