Included in this update is the new Natural Wonder picker, which lets you customize the Natural Wonders that will (or won’t) show up in your game, and the Tech and Civics Shuffle mode, a new way of playing that randomizes your path forward on the Tech and Civics trees. Read on for the full list of what’s in today’s free game update.
Tech and Civic Shuffle Mode
This new game mode adds variety to the tech tree, as it shuffles techs and civics within their historical eras, leading to different costs and prerequisites than normal. The resulting trees are the same for all players. Techs and civics are also hidden until a prerequisite is earned, preserving the mystery of discovery all the way until the end of the game.
Natural Wonder Picker
Sick of the Bermuda Triangle? Want to break the Delicate Arch? In Advanced Setup, you can now bring up a new menu to choose which Natural Wonders you would like to include in your next game. Wonders checked are not guaranteed to be in your next game, rather, they are part of the pool of Wonders that will then be randomly selected and placed.
Items in the list below apply to the Gathering Storm ruleset only.
o New city thresholds:
- Removed the free population amenity.
- Added an amenity to the palace.
- Increased the Golf Course amenities by 1.
- Decreased all negative amenity level thresholds by 1. Increase Happy and Ecstatic’s minimum by 2.
o Negative amenities non-food yield decrease changes:
- Ecstatic at 5+
- Happy at 3 to 4
- Content at -1 to 2
- Displeased at -3 to -2
- Unhappy at -5 to -4
- Unrest at -7 to -6
- Revolt at -8
- Displeased -10%, was -5%
- Unhappy -20%, was -10%
- Unrest -30% (stays the same)
- Revolt -40%, was -60%
Government Plaza Buildings
- The Theater Square now gains a major adjacency bonus with the Entertainment complex and Water Park.
- Grand Master’s Chapel provides +5 faith.
- +3 Diplomatic Favor from the Foreign Ministry.
Apocalypse Game Mode
- The Naturalist unit now initially costs 600 Faith and will increase by 100 Faith after each purchase.
- Fixed issues that prevented Apostles from receiving all available promotions.
- The Appeal stat has been added to the trait section of the Districts, Terrains, Improvements, and Features Civilopedia pages.
- The text for the Acropolis district now correctly shows major adjacency bonuses for adjacent Wonders.
Forest/Jungle Fires now remain in the burnt state longer.
- Reduced volcanic activity.
- Reduced frequency of Aid Requests.
- Added CO2 production to Soothsayer actions (50 for causing a disaster, 30 for sacrificing a unit).
- Added some bias towards getting governments with lots of wild card slots.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was overvaluing bonuses from governments for cities with governors.
- Increased desire for civics that unlock new governments. Capped desire for Theology for high Faith income civs (ensures they can move on to tier 3 or 4 governments).
- Various AI improvements.
- Governors assigned to a City-State are now displayed in the City-States panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused map selection to break.
- Various UI bug fixes and polish.
- Fixing balanced start positions choosing invalid placements.
- Added bias for starting in the center of a continent the player does not share with other majors.
- Fix crash when forming a Corps and the unit that is joining is not on the map.
- Additional crash fixes.
For prior patch notes, see the following:
Ethiopia Pack and Persona Pack (July 2020): https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/patch-notes-ethiopia-pack-and-persona-pack-july-2020.28408/
June 2020 Game Update: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/patch-notes-june-2020-game-update.659829/
Maya & Gran Colombia Pack (May 2020): https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/patch-notes-maya-gran-colombia-pack-may-2020.28276/
September 2019 Update: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/patch-notes-september-2019-update.27775/
Gathering Storm - June 2019 Update: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/patch-notes-gathering-storm-june-2019-update.646837/
Gathering Storm - Antarctica Late Summer Update (April 2019) and Hotfix: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...e-summer-update-april-2019-and-hotfix.644442/
Gathering Storm Launch Update for Vanilla + Rise & Fall (Feb. 2019): https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...unch-update-for-vanilla-rise-and-fall.641990/
July 2018 Patch: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/july-2018-update-patch-notes.634636/
Spring 2018 Developer Update: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/spring-2018-developer-update-patch-notes.632231/
March 2018 R&F Update: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/march-2018-r-f-update-patch-notes.629910/
February 2018 Base Game patch (pre-R&F): https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/february-2018-base-game-patch-notes.628062/
Fall 2017 patch: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/fall-2017-update-patch-notes.26500/
Summer 2017 patch: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/summer-2017-update-patch-notes.26344/
Spring 2017 patch - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/spring-2017-patch-notes.612954/
"Australian Summer" (Feb. 2017) patch: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/australian-summer-patch-notes.610902/
December 2016 patch - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/december-2016-patch-notes.607588/
Fall 2016 patch - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/fall-2016-patch-notes.605488/