Portugal: Lords of Exploration (v.1)
by Joseph Miller (aka jaldaen)

-1- Description
-2- Potential Mod Conflicts
-3- Version History
-4- Credits
-5- Contact information

== Description ==

This mod adds Portugal as a playable civilization.

Leader: Manuel I, the Fortunate. King of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Lord of Guinea and of
Conquest, Navigation and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia and India, etc.

Unique Trait: Lords of Exploration-Embarked units can defend and have +2 movement. In addition, land units move
faster along rivers.

Unique Unit: One of the first gunpowder units of the game. Only the Portuguese may build it. This Unit has a combat bonus
outside of friendly territory, unlike the Musketman which it replaces. In addition, it can build forts and trading posts.

Unique Building: Each luxury resource worked by this City produces +1 Gold. The Feitoria also increases a city's Defense.

Reasoning: The combination of these traits makes Portugal live up to its king's title as: Lord of Conquest, Navigation, and
Commerce.
Since Portuguese nuas (carracks) were mainly used as transports and slower than caravels, I decided to make the unique unit
the Portuguese explorador instead. In order to mimic the Portuguese use of naus, I gave Portugal the ability to have their
embarked units defend and move faster than normal.
Since the embarked units ability doesn't come into play in some maps, I also gave the Portuguese faster movement along rivers,
which fits their exploration theme.

The Portuguese feitoria is designed to mimic the fortified trading posts that the Portuguese set up throughout the world.

== Potential Mod Conflicts ==

This mod may conflict with other mods that add Portugal as a civilization.

If you notice any other conflicts, then please let me know.

== Version History ==

Version .1: Added Portugal as playable civilization.

Note: This is an alpha stage mod and I'm not an artist so I used Washington's art for the leader stuff.

If someone is an artist and wants to help me to come up with unique art for Manuel, the exploradors, and the feitoria, then
please let me know. I also wouldn't mind someone helping me put together some circular icons for Portugal to match those of
the other civilizations. Also if someone knows how to edit the audio files to make a unique dialogue set for Manuel, I'd love to
have the extra help.

== Credits ==

Derek "Kael" Paxton for his Modder's Guide.
Thalassicus for their Modder's Starter Package.
Portuguese Empire (Map) by MarcosCeia (used under Creative Commons liscense)
Portugese Icons downloaded from http://image.pendownload.com/2010/09...-web-2-0-icon/

== Contact information ==

I can be contacted via PM on the civfanatics forum. My user name is: jaldaen.
Author
jaldaen
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from jaldaen

Top Bottom