Resource icon

Prehistoric World 1.1

Thread

This is mostly just a simple scenario I made when I felt unsatisfied with the restrictions imposed by Civ 3's existing Dinobarbs scenario. In particular, every difficulty and random maps are supported, and the scenario uses Conquests. The raptor and Allosaurus return from Dinobarbs, with the same combat strength of 4/4 and 8/8 respectively. I also added a megalodon as a naval unit for the barbarians, with a strength of 3/3.

In addition, I preferred that every animal be consistent with the "prehistoric" theme, so every horse unit has been replaced with a mammoth rider. (Since the graphics pack for the mammoths didn't have a chariot model, the chariots have been replaced with non-wheeled but otherwise identical mammoth units.) The Indian war elephant is now a Triceratops with identical stats. The relevant resource tiles have been updated as follows:

Spoiler Resources :

Horses=Mammoths
Furs=Hides/Stegosaurus
Ivory=Horn/Triceratops
Whales=Ichthyosaurs
Game=Onithomimid
Cattle=Hadrosaurs
Fish are unchanged.

This is the first scenario I've made for Civ 3, I didn't want to change the gameplay overmuch besides improving on Dinobarbs, especially since I'm not actually good at the game.

Spoiler Credits :

Dinosaur graphics are from Civ 3.
Mammoth graphics were made by Plotinus.
Megalodon graphics were made by Supa.
Cave graphic was made by Tom2050.
The Ichthyosaurus tile is based on a screenshot of Walking with Dinosaurs.
Background sounds were sourced from JPOG, Carnivores, Sandia National Laboratories, The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science, and an apparently anonymous poster on Soundboard.com.
Apologies if I missed anyone, it's been a while since I made this scenario and I could have forgotten something.
Author
Enemy post
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom