Resource icon

Production Queue 0.1.17

Version 0.1.17

This update addresses issues that were introduced with the Gathering Storm update.

Despite the base game receiving a queue, I have received many requests to update the mod. There are no new features and minimal testing was done, but the mod should function as it did before the Gathering Storm update (for better or worse!).
Version 0.1.16

This update addresses the following issue that was introduced with the Rise and Fall expansion:
  • Queueing or building the Ordu will now correctly remove the Barracks from the production panel list.
Version 0.1.14

This update addresses the following issue that was introduced with the Rise and Fall expansion:
  • The production panel should no longer list Government Plaza buildings before the requisite government tier is reached. The Civilopedia does not mention this. There are three different tiers of governments which correspond to the three different tiers of Government Plaza buildings. As you progress through the government tiers, each subsequent Government Plaza building tier will unlock and be listed in the production panel.
Reactions: RohirrimElf
Version 0.1.13
This update is the first post-release of the Rise and Fall expansion.

Firaxis did an overhaul of their drag and drop system. A bug appears to have been introduced which results in right-click events not working on draggable UI elements. As such, the ability to remove an item from the queue has been changed from right-clicking to dragging it completely off the queue panel. Once again the new method of removing an item from the queue is to drag it completely off the queue panel. Here is a quick rundown:

• Queue panel drag and drop updated to use the new Firaxis system.
  • Right-clicking a queue item to remove is no longer functional until further notice.
  • Dragging a queue item off the queue panel entirely will remove it from the queue.
  • Renamed files to be lowercase to add support to Linux (thanks brian-mcnamara!)
  • Updated the block of code for clients running the previous version (Fall 2017 update). This should alleviate a lot of issues that Mac and Linux users may have been experiencing. This should have been done a while ago.
This update isn't particularly substantial, but it will be followed by additional updates which will aim to eliminate bugs and introduce new features. I am going to be playing through the game myself on a regular basis for at least the next month to try to work through issues first-hand.

I know I say this all the time, but I really want to make sure anyone and everyone gets the message. After you install this update, if you still have issues please report them with as much information as possible. Doing so will go a long way to helping improve the experience for everyone.
Reactions: raen and PeterChu
Version 0.1.12

This update addresses the following issue that was caused by the Fall 2017 update to the core game:
  • The production panel should no longer list buildings which are mutually exclusive with an already queued or built building.
Reactions: RohirrimElf
Version 0.1.11

This update addresses the following issue that was caused by the Fall 2017 update to the core game:
  • The production panel should no longer list buildings which are not actually producible.
Version 0.1.10

This update addresses the following issues that were caused by the Fall 2017 update to the core game:
  • Districts and wonders should once again be able to be placed.
  • The sizing of the production queue panel should function properly again.
  • Other various changes to the base code were merged with the modified code.
  • This update should automatically be applied to Mac and Linux once they receive the Fall 2017 Update.
Version 0.1.9

This update fixes the issue that was introduced for Mac and Linux players following updating to the Summer 2017 Update. The attempt to automatically have Mac and Linux users' games switch to the proper code after receiving the Summer 2017 Update did not work as hoped. Assumptions were made that did not pan out from the developers' ends. So once more, this update does the following:
  • Districts and wonders should once again be able to be placed for Mac and Linux users who are now running the most up-to-date version of the base game.
    • If you are running Mac or Linux and this update causes districts and wonders to not be able to be placed, please make sure you are running the most up-to-date version of the base game.
Version 0.1.8

This update fixes the issue that was introduced for Mac and Linux players in the 0.1.7 update:
  • Districts and wonders should once again be able to be placed for Mac and Linux users.
Version 0.1.7

This update addresses the major district/wonder issue that was caused by the Summer 2017 update to the core game:

• Districts and wonders should once again be able to be placed.
Version 0.1.6

This update addresses most of the issues that were reported throughout the previous week:

• The Spaceport district no longer gives three different sized "rockets" as production options which are meant to be for internal use only.
  • Walls may no longer begin being constructed after the Civil Engineering civic is researched. Walls already partially produced will continue to be listed and able to be produced. This is the way the base game handles walls already partially completed when the aforementioned civic is completed.
  • Gold and faith purchase lists should now properly update when an item is purchased.
  • Projects only able to be completed a single time per civilization should now only be able to be queued once at any given time.
  • The Battering Ram and Siege Tower units should now be properly removed from production queues upon becoming obsolete with the Civil Engineering civic.
  • Collapsed groups in the production panel should now remain collapsed until a new turn occurs, the selected city changes, or being manually expanded.
As always, thank you for your bug reports. As I said in my last post, I cannot seem to replicate any issues with repairing districts and buildings, though based on your reports they are obviously there. Providing me with a save file of just before (or nearly before) you experienced an issue with repairing anything would be all I'd need to get the problem fixed.

Thanks again for your continued support!
Version 0.1.5
This update adds a reset button to the title bar of the production queue panel. Clicking this button will reset the production queue in the selected city to only the item that is actively being produced.

The motivation for adding this button was to give folks a way to quickly get around some issues with the queue being mangled a bit and not behaving correctly. Obviously, this is not a solution. Not least because it still requires that the production panel is able to open, which is not always the case with some of the bugs, but also because bugs should be fixed, not wrapped in a bandage. I would still absolutely love for anyone who experiences an issue to save the game and send me the file along with a brief explanation of the problem. I do have a regular job to do during the week, so I won't be able to be quite as responsive as I wish I could throughout the week. Hopefully the reset button helps alleviate some issues that may arise while my attention is required elsewhere. Helping overcome bugs on the fly aside, it might also be a feature someone desired, so that's always nice!

There were also a couple bugs that were addressed in this update:

• Removing a district from the queue that has already been placed by the game should no longer allow you to queue its constituent buildings without first re-queuing the district.
  • Similarly, a wonder that has already been placed by the game but removed from the queue should be able to be re-queued properly.

As always, thank you for your patience while we work through the bugs!
Nothing new, but now this is actually the version 0.1.4 file. That was a little stupid of me.
Version 0.1.4

There are quite a few bug fixes in this update. It hasn't been tested as much as I'd like, but I have fairly high confidence it is fine. Also, given the fact it is easy to rollback to an older version, there is very little harm done.

• A city with a queued wonder as the only item in the queue should no longer cause the game to enter an infinite loop of refreshing the production panel (oops).
  • A city with a queued wonder in addition to other items should no longer sometimes cause the wonder to be removed from the queue.
  • Unique civilization buildings and districts in general were not being considered in many areas, but the following areas have now been addressed:
    • The building a unique building is replacing should no longer sometimes be listed as buildable in the production panel.
    • It should no longer be possible to reorder queued unique building or district items in a way that would break the queue.
    • Unique buildings should now properly flag buildings which follow them as buildable when the unique building is added to the queue.
  • Pillaged districts and buildings should now only allow you to queue and reorder in a valid manner.
  • Upon researching a tech or civic which makes a unit obsolete, a unit in the queue should no longer be erroneously replaced by the upgrade if the required resources are unavailable.
  • Purchasing a building that is currently in the queue should now remove it from the queue.
  • Purchasing a building while actively producing a unit should no longer remove the unit from the queue.

Thanks again for being patient! Nothing can't be fixed (with time), so please do not hesitate to report an issue.
Version 0.1.3
This update addresses bugs that were reported within the past day:
  • Buildings which require a religious belief should no longer be listed in the production panel unless the required belief is actually part of the dominant religion in a city.
  • The Water Mill should now only appear in the production panel if the city is built adjacent to a river.
  • If a strategic resource is discovered on a plot that is reserved by a placed building, the placed building will be removed from the queue.
  • If an unplaced district arrives at the top of the queue (i.e. it is about to be placed and built), but the population has since dropped below the requirement, the district will be skipped and removed from the queue.
  • If another civilization beats you to building a wonder that you have queued, it will be removed from the queue.
As usual, let me know if you find something that needs addressing. Thanks for all the help!
Version 0.1.2
This is a tiny one.
  • The Palace building should no longer be listed in the production panel. Oops!
Version 0.1.1

Various bugs were addressed in this update:

• Production from builders removing plot features no longer causes the queue to not advance in certain cases.
  • Repairing pillaged districts and buildings should now cause the queue to advance.
  • In certain situations, buildings which have a prerequisite built or in the queue were not correctly being enabled for queuing. This should no longer occur.
  • Made some minor modifications for support with handling in-progress games that have not yet been exposed to Production Queue. For example, if another mod developer decides to merge Production Queue into their mod, you should not have any issues updating the mod with a game in progress (provided it is properly merged).
As I have said, please do not hesitate to bring an issue, or even a suggestion, to my attention. You may post a reply or comment, start a new conversation with me, or create a new issue on the GitHub repo for this project. Thanks!
Reactions: CyberFox
Top Bottom