I get tired of the logo's and My2K and listening to Sean Bean... so thanks to some folks here and on Reddit... I took care of that...
This is also on NexusMods, but I figure more ModMonkeys are here than there, so...
WHAT IT DOES
1. Replaces the starting company video logoes with a 1 second blank screen
2. Removes the My2K logo from the main screen
3. Disables the Firaxis Live/My2K server connections
4. Removes the Sean Bean intro speeches of 'Dawn of Man' and the civilization
-- Sorry Sean Bean, like almost all your roles, you get killed off!
1. This is for PC/Windows. I don't know the Mac structure. If someone on a Mac wants to make this compatible by moving things in the folders they need to be in, go ahead.
2. Official updates/patches will require a re-install
HOW TO INSTALL IT
1. Read the list of files below and rename their extension to .ORIGINAL <-- CRITICAL FOR RESTORE
2. Unzip the Mynex_QuickStart.zip into the Civilization 6 base install directory.
3. When it asks to overwrite files, say yes.
HOW TO UNINSTALL IT
Go into the directories where the files were placed, delete the modified files (listed below) and remove .ORIGINAL from the files with that extension.
This mod replaces 5 files;
<civ6 install location>\Base\Assets\UI\FiraxisLive\My2K.lua
<civ6 install location>\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua
<civ6 install location>\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.lua
<civ6 install location>\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.xml
<civ6 install location>\Base\Platforms\Windows\Movies\Logos.bk2
If another mod changes these files, then there will be a conflict.
The Civfanatics forums and the Civ fans on Reddit.
Quick Start 2016-12-06
Mainly for Modders