Regiment and Ethnic Diversity for Civilization V
- Rescaling : all human and mounted units have been scaled down, no more giant infantry against tank ! Of course, the relative scale is nothing close to realism, but it looks way better IMO. The sea and air units are respectivly better proportionned.
- Formation : most units are now multiple figure, and the number of figures is raised in all human and mounted units. Existing formations have been reworked to reflect the change in scale, and new (14) formations have been added.
- Diversity : hundreds of new unit models for diversity, no gameplay change. See newunits.xls or version history for details
This version need Civilization to be patched to version 18.104.22.1684 or higher (and is compatible with G&K).
- Important : delete previous version of the mod, else the VFS may cause bugs. Savegame compatibility is not assured, you should always finish your current game before updating.
- download the civ5mod file to your mod folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).
- launch civ5, go to the mod browser, the file should be extracted automatically, else use 7zip to do it manually.
- find the "R.E.D. Modpack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, go to single player and set up a game
fix for fighter propeller and archer arrows position (optional) :
- copy the civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml file from "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. modpack\copy to Assets\" folder to the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\" folder
Credits & Thanks
danrell, bernie14, JTitan, Patum33, snafusmith, asioasioasio, Coffee Junkie, nautil, Nuvoloblu, Oleg153, Rabbit White, Splinter13, Generalmatt and all other unit makers for the models and conversion
RTW unit makers that have allowed conversion of their models to civ5
seZereth and Porges who've done the initial regiment mod for civ4
Pazyryk for SQL corrections
all the great peoples at Civfanatics for their tools, tutorials and help
R.E.D. modpack (v.27) 2016-10-05
R.E.D. modpack (v.27)