3.0 Version

- Warrior Monks are not part of this mod anymore. Mod was renamed "Radiant Samurais". If you want a nice mod for Monks, i suggest you to see my other mod called "Radiant Better Unit Promotions"

- Samurai Unit base Combat strengh brought back to 50. (they deserve it, because of the cost and maintenance and to help getting xp with dying less vs 45 and 48 units).

- Samurai Unit base movement nerfed from 3 to 2. (the only way to have a nice mobility will be the related promotion)
- Akuma armor promotion was revised : +7 CS bonus in all situation and additional +5 while defending (instead of a flat +10 in all situations).
- Masamune Blades promotion was also revised : +3 CS bonus in all situation and additional +15 while attacking (instead of +7 in all situations +8 while attacking).

Now a fully lvl 7 promoted samurai is worth :

- 75 Combat Strength while attacking.
- 65 Combat Strength while defending. (be careful to that new point)
- 4 movements.

Also Small fixes for "Steel and Thunder : Unit Expansion" and "Improved Japan" implemented.
Samurai won't be upgradable from or into any other unit to prevent promotion tree to crash. Even with these mod active, they will remain exclusive and independant from any other war unit.
Obviously my new samurai is little much too much powerful ! Don't worry im doing these slightly and with lot of testings. It's important to keep our game fun.

- Promotions rearranged. Niten ichi ryu style (3 fold attack) has moved to ultimate (lvl 4 promotion).

- Promotion prereqs onto both lvl 3 promotions less permissive. To reach "Meikyo Shisui" you mandatory need "Akuma armors" (first combat strengh bonus) promotion. To reach "Masamune Blades" you mandatory need "Wind slicer" (movement boost) promotion. That way, a lvl 5 promotion is need at least to get the Akuma armors and Masamune Blades combo, so you won't be able to amass both these nice combat strengh bonus promotions too soon.

- Samurai base combat strengh went down from 50 to 48. Because that wasn't necessary and will stress you more against equivalent units.

- Masamune Blades now provides : 7 Cs in all situations, and again 7 additional Cs when attacking. Resulting a +7 when defending, +14 when attacking (cutting the pear in two, to nerf our samurai defense which was way too powerful when fully promoted).

- Fixed a bug where sometimes in exceptional cases, new unit avatar won't show up.

- Rearranged icons according to previous changes.
Emergency Maintenance

Messed up a Variable.
Sorry for the inconvenience
V2.2 is out ! (minor Update)

-Small Barracks fix.
Now the +25% bonus experience will also apply for samurai despite of their new promotion tree. (if you find any other issue like this one in the game, don't hesitate to poke me about it).

-Even better Colors on promotion tree icons (more color profoundness). And to prepare these icons for my next incoming mod.

-Small graphic fixes.
Texts for Akuma armors and Masamune blades in a promoted samurai fight's previsions has been changed to be more explicit.

Sorry for the small inconvenience if you already downloaded v2.0 today.
2.0 Version is out !

Graphics :

- New awesome handmade icons in promotion tree !
- New Samurai portrait !
- New Samurai icons !

Code :

- Samurai is not replacing any other unit.
- NERF 1 : Samurai can't be upgraded into musketman or any other more advanced unit.
- NERF 2 : Samurai can't be upgraded from swordman or any other older unit.

Compatibility :

- With "Steel and thunder : Unit expansion", you need to desactivate a specific line to prevent samurai being replacing the longswordsman (line 53). The main reason doing so is that samurai would become upgradable from/into something. Since this unit now got its own unique promotion tree and own rules, many bug/glitches can happen from this moment if this line remain : the fact it is sharing another promotion tree before or after being upgraded will result one of the tree only 1/3 available and cumulating with the other. Your game might not be glitched but i really don't advise you to let that line active for your save safety and difficulty balance.
Top Bottom