New version 2.9 as of 18.08 - Fixed Spy Escape issue.
Allows to stop the game at a specific Era, from Classical to Atomic. This mod literally removes all techs, civics, and items associated with them that are from eras past the last one. For R&F it also removes Game Eras past last one, so the game won't accidentally progress into the next era.
Important! Since it seems confusing - the SQL file and RES_MAX_ERA is THE parameter that sets last Era. Advanced Options is only for calendars - it doesn't change the last Era.
How to use
The default setting is for Medieval Era to be the last one researched. You can change it using a parameter RES_MAX_ERA in RealEraStop.sql. See instructions in the file. If you subscribed the mod from Steam, it is available in your Steam directory under steamapps/workshop/content/289070/880843004. If you installed the mod manually, it's in the standard Mods directory.
Custom Calendars (optional functionality for better immersion)
Allows you to choose in Advanced Options a custom Game Speed that will make the dates displayed in the top right corner aligned with chosen Last Era. E.g. if you choose Renaissance, after 500 turns the date will be 1745 AD. Or if you choose Medieval, after 500 turns the date will be 1400 AD.
- The mod is designed to be used together with Real Tech Tree. RTT fills gaps in trees so the Future Tech and Future Civic will work as intended. You can use RES without RTT, but due to many gaps in vanilla trees, there will be techs and civics "hanging" without connection to FutTech/FutCivic.
- For balance purposes, if you choose Medieval as the last Era, Monarchy is removed from the tree. It's because other 2 govs from 2nd tier govs are not available until Renaissance.
- Shipwrecks are moved earlier if last Era is Industrial or Modern. It seems that without them game crashes when an Archaeologist is trainied.
- For Medieval - Cartography is moved to Medieval (without Caravels) [tweak so ocean-crossing is available].
- For Classical - all land units can embark when Celestial Navigation is researched and researching Shipbuilding allows for ocean crossing [tweak].
- For Classical - Lumber Mill is moved to Engineering (this is to fix Goody Hut situation - the MapUtilities.lua script uses a row id from database to mark Goody Huts, so there cannot be any deleted rows before GH for it to work correctly).
- Gathering Storm - Flood Barrier is moved earlier and has adjusted cost if the last era is Industrial or Modern. For Industrial - to Sanitation, costs 70%. For Modern - to Electricity, costs 85%.
- World Congress - The Patronage Resolution is valid only till the era before the last one i.e it should never be selected during the last era. This should prevent the situation when all Great People are gone and the resolution is still selected in the WC.
Some Great People have bonuses related to Eras beyond the last one. This may cause a CTD (e.g. when triggering a boost for a tech that's not there). Also, makes those GPs less valuable. To fix this the following changes are applied:
Please note that the descriptions for those GPs are not changed! E.g. for Bi Sheng it will always say that he grants Printing, even if last Era will be Medieval (in which case he will grant a boost for Education, despite the description). Sorry for that little inconvinience.
- If a GP boosts a specific tech that's not available, it will boost a tech from the last Era (i.e. Sheng - Education, Lovelace - Economics or Electricity, Mendeleev - Scientific Theory, Turing - Electricity, Goddard - Chemistry),
- If a GP boosts some random techs/civics from an Era beyond the last one, he/she will simply boost techs/civics from the last Era (there are many cases like this),
- If a GP grants a unit that is not available any more - another one will be granted instead (one case, Yi Sun Sin will grant Caravel instead of Ironclad).
- Can be used with any other mod that adds new units and/or buildings (normal and unique), tested for Wondrous Wonders and Moar Units.
- The Production Queue mod (used also in CQUI) will not work if last era is Renaissance or earlier.
- The game crashes immediately after loading screen if Kristina is one of leaders playing and the last era is before Modern. Afther the first turn, if there was no crash, you can play safely.
- Do NOT use "No turn limit" option when setting up a game. It will make the game progress to the era past the last one causing issues with World Congress.
Real Era Stop 2.9
Allows to stop research (of techs and civics) at specific Era (Classical to Atomic)
- Version 2.9 Spy Escape Aug 17, 2019 at 6:40 PM
- Version 2.8 Patronage Resolution Aug 7, 2019
- Version 2.7 Flood Barrier Mar 8, 2019
- Version 2.6 Game Eras Mar 2, 2019
- Version 2.5 Traders fixed Feb 21, 2019
- Version 2.4 Gathering Storm Feb 21, 2019
- Version 2.3 Great People bonuses Apr 17, 2017
- Version 2.2 Goody Hut Fix Apr 17, 2017
- Version 2.1 Spring 2017 Patch Mar 28, 2017
- Version 2.0 Custom Calendars Mar 26, 2017