New version as of 28.12 - Samples play again!
- New Great Musicians with pictures and samples of their music. Each musician comes with 2 Great Works of Music (standard yields, 4 Tourism and 4 Culture).
- New building Concert Hall that has 2 slots for Great Works of Music (optional).
- Great Musicians are available from Renaissance era (optional).
- Elvis Presley: Jailhouse Rock (28s), Can't Help Falling In Love (26s)
- Kraftwerk: Autobahn (27s), Trans-Europe Express (26s)
- Led Zeppelin: Whole Lotta Love (29s), Kashmir (31s)
- Louis Armstrong: What a Wonderful World (28s), When the Saints Go Marching In (18s)
- The Beatles: Hey Jude (25s), Let It Be (27s)
- Depeche Mode: Enjoy the Silence (31s), Personal Jesus (33s)
- John Williams: Star Wars Main Theme (26s), The Raiders March (29s)
- Michael Jackson: Billie Jean (29s), Smooth Criminal (28s)
- Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit (33s), Heart-Shaped Box (28s)
- Pink Floyd: Time (30s), Wish You Were Here (28s)
Concert Hall (optional)
- Provides more space to store Great Works of Music (2 slots) and allows to earn Great Musicians a bit earlier (+1 GMP).
- It is mutually exclusive with Art Museum and Archaelogical Museum.
- An actual building visible in the district (not only an icon); uses the same art as both Museums.
- Double yields if themed - Music must be from different GMs.
- Uses bonuses from Grand Opera policy and Cultural city-states.
- You can deactivate this building via an option in RGM_Options.sql. In the line with RGM_OPTION_CONCERT_HALL set it to '0'.
GMs from Renaissance (optional)
- You can earn Great Musicians starting in Renaissance Era.
- All existing GMs have been assigned new Eras, much more aligned with reality.
- You can deactivate this chage via an option in RGM_Options.sql. In the line with RGM_OPTION_UPDATE_ERAS set it to '0'.
The pictures are visibile only when using Real Great People mod.
This mod uses sound samples from songs or other audio recordings that are currently copyrighted. The copyright for it may be owned by the company who made it or the author. For a song, it may also be owned by the person(s) who performed it. It is believed that the use of this work qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law, where:
- the sample is short in relation to the duration of the recorded track, and is of inferior quality to the original recording,
- the sample is used for nonprofit educational purposes,
- the sample is intended for private use only,
- there is no adequate free alternative available.
Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .Dismiss Notice
We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.Dismiss Notice
Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!Dismiss Notice
Real Great Musicians 2.2
New Great Musicians with pictures and samples of their music