The purpose of this mod is to make Eurekas and Inspirations more vital to your progress through the Tech and Civics trees.
Techs and Civics are now 2 times more expensive. In other words, boosts are now much more important.
Eurekas and Inspirations now boost 75%. This gets you to the cost of where base game boosts get you.
Made some changes to Eurekas and Inspirations for gameplay and for realism.
Changes to Eurekas and Inspirations
- The Wheel is now boosted by building a granary. (The idea is to connect Pottery to The Wheel)
- Writing is now boosted by having Foreign Trade
- Apprenticeship is boosted by having the Guilds civic
- Stirrups is boosted by having 3 Horsemen
- Machinery is boosted by having 2 Catapults
- Military Engineering is boosted by having 3 Battering Rams
- Castles is boosted by having Feudalism civic
- Siege Tactics is boosted by having 3 Siege Towers (as it was you were forced to research Metal Casting first)
- Cartography is boosted by discovering a second continent. (I found this boost to be a penalty at Foreign Trade)
- Square Rigging is now boosted by building 2 Harbors
- Banking is now boosted by building 3 Commercial Hubs
- Metal Casting is now boosted by having 2 Knights
- Military Science is now boosted by having 3 Encampments
- Electricity is boosted by building 6 Industrial Zones
- Advanced Ballistics is boosted by having 3 Artillery
- Future Tech is boosted by building 3 Spaceports
- Foreign Trade is now boosted when you meet another civilization
- Colonialism is boosted by building 6 plantations
- Suffrage is boosted by maintaining 10 trade routes
- Ideology is boosted by building a Broadcast Center
- Future Civic is boosted by building 6 world wonders
China's trait Dynastic Cycle: Eurekas and Inspirations provide 80% of civics and technologies instead of 75%.
This keeps China at their original balance.
Feedback is appreciated. Let me know if I missed any other game mechanics related to boosts.
Realistic Research - Lite V 1.01
Eurekas and Inspirations are now vital to research.
- Minor fix Dec 4, 2017