Really Advanced Setup Lite
(inspired by General Tso's Civ5 Really Advanced Set-up)
- Allows specification of extra starting units, civics, techs, and certain of the 'yields'.
- Allows specification as to whether the extras are given to AI players or only to human players
- Allows specification as to whether the extras should be given only to "CIVILIZATION_ROME" for example.
- Allows specification as to what selected game starting era to apply the effects to.
- so if you want to alter the game so that Rome would get two extra starting scouts if the game is started in the Medieval Era, you can do so.
- Specifications are made in an xml file rather than directly through a new "Advanced Start" user interface.
- Detailed Instructions will be given on the main discussion thread
Just Download from here since I cannot get the CFC resource to update to the newest version: Dropbox ReallyAdvancedSetupLite.zip
- Some users have reported they cannot get the mod to work on Mac. Others have been able to. I do not have a Mac and know nothing about Macs so I cannot test the mod on a Mac
- The lua methods being used are those that are exposed and usable in Windows because they have been set up to work by the windows game-dll-file. But Dll files are Windows-only, and there is no such thing on a Mac, so I have no idea whether the same methods and functions work in lua on a Mac.
- You may also be experiencing file edit "permissions" issues as I seem to remember this being an issue in Civ5 for people with Macs. On this point I could be full of talking bananas because as mentioned I know nothing about Macs.
Really Advanced Setup Lite 2017-02-15
Allows extra starting player techs, units, gold, faith, civics