Resource icon

Rise of Mankind Expansion 2.7 rr1.1 2016-10-05

ROME 2.7 rr1.1

Welcome to Rise Of Mankind Expansion, or ROME for short. This was originally a mini-mod that had been released for Rise of Mankind 2.6. Since the release of ROM 2.7, I have decided to start from scratch (previous releases of ROME were getting far more complicated than I had originally intended).

At first, ROME simply provides new art for the Celtic Civilization. Why the Celts? Because that's the civ I most frequently play with, that's all. The new art consists of an almost completely replaced unit tree in the Ancient, Classical and Medieval eras, as well as a new flag.

With 1.1, I have added several units for a WWI era, some of them being brand new units and some being reskins of existing units (see changelog).

Installation

To install this mod, simply extract to your root Rise of Mankind folder. The existing MLF loading scheme should take care of modular loading. This mod does not replace any original files. If you are also using Joyoo's Polish Empire, extract the compatibility patch to your root Rise of Mankind folder.

To uninstall, delete the following folders:

Rise of Mankind/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/ROME Celts/
Rise of Manking/Assets/Modules/Custom Units/ROME WWI/

Notes

In case you're wondering about the naming scheme I'm using for this mini-mod, it works as thus:

[Mini-mod name] [ROM release] [ROME Release number]

so this version, ROME 2.7 rr1.1 means that this is the ROME mini-mod, for the 2.7 release of ROM, being the 1.0 release of ROME. The next version will likely be called, e.g. ROME 2.7 rr1.2

I hope that you enjoy ROME. Any suggestions or feedback can be directed to the thread you downloaded this from at Civfanatics.

Have a good one,

zulu9812

Bugs

The Rifleman/Redcoat shows 2 upgrades: Trench Infantry and Infantry. This appears to be unavoidable due to the WOC loading system, which cause modules to add to their parallel entries in the main mod, instead of the Firaxis system, which replaces entries in the main mod. The same bug occurs with the upgrade path between the Dragoon and Cavalry units.

Changelog

1.1 Added WWI module
- Stormtrooper unit replaces Modern Grenadier
- Trench Infantry unit comes between Rifleman and Infantry
- Cavalry unit, upgrade for Dragoon (see below)
- renamed Cavalry to Dragoon, renamed French Dragoon to Chasseur
- renamed England to Britain
- unit art styles for Britain, France, Germany and Russia for new skins
- Additions to Rome and Viking unit art styles for new skins
- compatibility patch for Jooyo's Polish Empire mod
1.0 Initial release; Celtic unit art style.

Credits

ROME would not exist without the efforts of the following modders at Civfanatics:

Wolfshanze, from who's mod I purloined the celtic flag
Bakuel, for his wonderful units
ambrox62, for his superb worker and settler units
Chamaedrys, for his useful cavalry unit
zerver, for his range of WWI units

Some previews:

• civ4beyondsword_2009_06_26_08_22_38_47_QvB.jpg
    civ4beyondsword_2009_06_26_08_22_38_47_QvB.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 125
Author
zulu9812
Downloads