1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RoM 2.71 : Pirate civilization 2016-10-05

RoM 2.71 : Pirate civilization

1. AAranda
    This is a part of a try to expand existing civilizations and adding new ones , including new leadeheads to some of them and ,at least , 3 UU and 3 UB to each civilization , trying to spread UU and UB along eras when possible ( per example , wasn't with USA , everything modern , or with indians , everything early )
    Also , i have used some civilizations ( guarani/brazil or inca/chilean ) like ancient or modern versions to their couples ,meaning them share UU and UB , but not leaders. I did that becuse those civs coexist in the same phisicall space , but in different eras , but beeing the ancient version still existing in the modern one : guarani or mapuche people are still a big mass of brazilian or argentinian population . In the other side americans and indians civs couldn't be treated like that , as indians were basically erradicated by english first and americans later
    :eek::eek: I'm introducing a couple of new concepts , at least , in RoM : ::eek::eek:
    :eek::eek:PATRIOTS: those are special units working as wonders , ( can be builded just once ) but belonging only to its original civilization , as they are tied to unique buildings , preventing any other nation to build them ; those are far stronger than normal units , as they hold a few promotions , but cannot be upgraded , they remain in their time . Please , note that those patriots may result offensive to other civilizations , or even to parts of the same nation , as the patriotic feeling is very particular to each one and use to carry grief , pain and death to others:eek::eek:
    :eek::eek:UNIQUE WONDERS : those buildings are very speciall , because even when them would be not take in consideration for a world wonder , in their countries are important enough to replace the bonuses provided by some of them ; in favt , them work like unique buildings but replacing wonders . Please note that not every civilization would carry unique wonders or , sometimes , not even patriots:eek::eek:
    I hope you and te others like this idea as i do
    For any comments , feedback , critizism , requests , what should be in or out , or wathever you want to say about my mods to RoM ( including i should better waste my time in football ) , please use the provided thread :http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8222312#post8222312

:) PIRATES LEADERS
    Spoiler :
    MORGAN , seafaring , aggressive , financial
    BLACKBEARD , seafaring , aggressive , deceiver , charismatic
    BARBAROSSA , seafaring , aggressive , militaristic , charismatic

:) UNIQUE UNITS
    Spoiler :
    UU PIRATE SHIP / GALLEON ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds flanking1 , coastal attack1 , and 1 cargo space
    UU PIRATE BRIGANTINE / FRIGATE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds flanking1 , coastal attack1 , and 1 cargo space
    UU PIRATE PIKEMAN / PIKEMAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds shock1 promotion
    UU PIRATE MUSKETMAN / MUSKETMAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds shock1 promotion

:) UNIQUE BUILDINGS
    Spoiler :
    UB PIRATE FORTRESS / PALACE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds 2 commerce
    UB PIRATE BREWERY / MEETING HALL ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds looter promotion and 2 xp to melee units
    UB PIRATE STRONGHOLD / HARBOR ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds 15% gold and amphibious promotion

:) PATRIOTS
    Spoiler :
    PATRIOT PHARUS ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with naval warfare and pirate fortress , based on a war galley , adds 1 cargo , combat1 , manuevering1 , coastal attack1 and 2 and looter promotions
    PATRIOT BARBAROSSA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with metallurgy and pirate fortress , based on a sloop , adds 2 cargo , combat1 , 2 and 3 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation and leadership promotions
    PATRIOT ZHENG JING ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with flintlock and pirate fortress , based on a musketman , adds combat1 and 2 , shock1 , pinch1 , city raider 1 and 2 , city garrison1 and leadership promotions
    PATRIOT BLACKBEARD ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with flintlock and pirate fortress , based on a musketman , adds combat1 and 2 , shock1 and 2 , pinch1 and 2 , fanatic and leadership promotions
    PATRIOT QUEEN ANNE'S REVENGE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 and 2 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 and leadership promotions
    PATRIOT BLACK BART ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 and 2 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 , blitz and leadership promotions
    PATRIOT HENRY MORGAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 and leadership promotions

:eek::eek: IMPORTANT NOTE: :eek::eek:

Many of my modular civilizations are using parts of others mods of mine . As you have noticed some leader's traits are not included in RoM , so you will need to add my "RoM 2.7 : Traits" mod to your RoM or you'll get error logs when loading .
    You can get it from the thread provided up , along with my others mods , in the first post .

:goodjob: TO INSTALL:

It is modular , all you have to do is place the "AAranda" folder inside your RoM modules folder wich is inside "assets". Inside modules folder you will find 1 file already existing in the original , just replace them.
    That's all
    If this civilization is not the first one you are adding , just place the civ folder inside your existing "America" folder in "Custom civilizations" folder inside AAranda . Sorry about the long travel , but it is the best system i got using the new modular charges

:D ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: :D

If you want to use more than a mod from me in your RoM game , you ll notice that some folders or files would be repeated . If that happens , don't worry about wich order follow or wich one goes first : all my mods were made to work together , doesn't matter the order , information needed for each mod is included in the others

Images

1. 1_Wvo.jpg
    2. 11_5Zf.jpg
    3. 111_v1u.jpg