Resource icon

RoM 2.71 : Pirate civilization 2016-10-05

This is a part of a try to expand existing civilizations and adding new ones , including new leadeheads to some of them and ,at least , 3 UU and 3 UB to each civilization , trying to spread UU and UB along eras when possible ( per example , wasn't with USA , everything modern , or with indians , everything early )
Also , i have used some civilizations ( guarani/brazil or inca/chilean ) like ancient or modern versions to their couples ,meaning them share UU and UB , but not leaders. I did that becuse those civs coexist in the same phisicall space , but in different eras , but beeing the ancient version still existing in the modern one : guarani or mapuche people are still a big mass of brazilian or argentinian population . In the other side americans and indians civs couldn't be treated like that , as indians were basically erradicated by english first and americans later
:eek::eek: I'm introducing a couple of new concepts , at least , in RoM : ::eek::eek:
:eek::eek:PATRIOTS: those are special units working as wonders , ( can be builded just once ) but belonging only to its original civilization , as they are tied to unique buildings , preventing any other nation to build them ; those are far stronger than normal units , as they hold a few promotions , but cannot be upgraded , they remain in their time . Please , note that those patriots may result offensive to other civilizations , or even to parts of the same nation , as the patriotic feeling is very particular to each one and use to carry grief , pain and death to others:eek::eek:
:eek::eek:UNIQUE WONDERS : those buildings are very speciall , because even when them would be not take in consideration for a world wonder , in their countries are important enough to replace the bonuses provided by some of them ; in favt , them work like unique buildings but replacing wonders . Please note that not every civilization would carry unique wonders or , sometimes , not even patriots:eek::eek:
I hope you and te others like this idea as i do
For any comments , feedback , critizism , requests , what should be in or out , or wathever you want to say about my mods to RoM ( including i should better waste my time in football ) , please use the provided thread :http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8222312#post8222312

:) PIRATES LEADERS
Spoiler :
MORGAN , seafaring , aggressive , financial
BLACKBEARD , seafaring , aggressive , deceiver , charismatic
BARBAROSSA , seafaring , aggressive , militaristic , charismatic

:) UNIQUE UNITS
Spoiler :
UU PIRATE SHIP / GALLEON ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds flanking1 , coastal attack1 , and 1 cargo space
UU PIRATE BRIGANTINE / FRIGATE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds flanking1 , coastal attack1 , and 1 cargo space
UU PIRATE PIKEMAN / PIKEMAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds shock1 promotion
UU PIRATE MUSKETMAN / MUSKETMAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds shock1 promotion

:) UNIQUE BUILDINGS
Spoiler :
UB PIRATE FORTRESS / PALACE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds 2 commerce
UB PIRATE BREWERY / MEETING HALL ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds looter promotion and 2 xp to melee units
UB PIRATE STRONGHOLD / HARBOR ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Adds 15% gold and amphibious promotion

:) PATRIOTS
Spoiler :
PATRIOT PHARUS ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with naval warfare and pirate fortress , based on a war galley , adds 1 cargo , combat1 , manuevering1 , coastal attack1 and 2 and looter promotions
PATRIOT BARBAROSSA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with metallurgy and pirate fortress , based on a sloop , adds 2 cargo , combat1 , 2 and 3 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation and leadership promotions
PATRIOT ZHENG JING ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with flintlock and pirate fortress , based on a musketman , adds combat1 and 2 , shock1 , pinch1 , city raider 1 and 2 , city garrison1 and leadership promotions
PATRIOT BLACKBEARD ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with flintlock and pirate fortress , based on a musketman , adds combat1 and 2 , shock1 and 2 , pinch1 and 2 , fanatic and leadership promotions
PATRIOT QUEEN ANNE'S REVENGE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 and 2 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 and leadership promotions
PATRIOT BLACK BART ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 and 2 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 , blitz and leadership promotions
PATRIOT HENRY MORGAN ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with mercantilism and pirate fortress , based on a privateer , adds 2 cargo , combat1 , coastal attack1 , looter , navigation , firearms1 and leadership promotions

:eek::eek: IMPORTANT NOTE: :eek::eek:

Many of my modular civilizations are using parts of others mods of mine . As you have noticed some leader's traits are not included in RoM , so you will need to add my "RoM 2.7 : Traits" mod to your RoM or you'll get error logs when loading .
You can get it from the thread provided up , along with my others mods , in the first post .

:goodjob: TO INSTALL:

It is modular , all you have to do is place the "AAranda" folder inside your RoM modules folder wich is inside "assets". Inside modules folder you will find 1 file already existing in the original , just replace them.
That's all
If this civilization is not the first one you are adding , just place the civ folder inside your existing "America" folder in "Custom civilizations" folder inside AAranda . Sorry about the long travel , but it is the best system i got using the new modular charges

:D ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: :D

If you want to use more than a mod from me in your RoM game , you ll notice that some folders or files would be repeated . If that happens , don't worry about wich order follow or wich one goes first : all my mods were made to work together , doesn't matter the order , information needed for each mod is included in the others
  • 1_Wvo.jpg
    1_Wvo.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 11_5Zf.jpg
    11_5Zf.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 111_v1u.jpg
    111_v1u.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 171
Author
AAranda
Downloads