1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Saga Of Man V. 1.0 Alpha

A major expansion that improves historical accuracy and immersion.

1. UncivilizedGuy
    upload_2018-11-25_12-4-23.png

Link to discussion: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/saga-of-man.638863/

A major expansion that improves historical accuracy and immersion.

This is an Alpha version. Just wanted to get this out there for some feedback. Yes there is an older, complete version available on Steam. This new version is an overhaul that I'm creating from the ground up. This is playable. I am piecing this together from my original creation and deciding what I'm going to reuse. I plan on using many of the buildings and wonders from my original mod. I'm approaching each era as if they are each a scenario to maximize immersion beginning with the Prehistoric Era.

Like I said, this is alpha. Many things will change. Please don't get hung up on the Ancient era. Tech locations are temporary. The Prehistoric era is the only thing close to complete at the moment.

Spoiler Prehistoric Era Tech Tree Image :
    upload_2018-11-25_12-6-50.png
    upload_2018-11-25_12-7-13.png

Many techs are connected by invisible pipes, similar to Civ4. Just mouse over the techs and you will see a yellow note stating the prerequisite.
    upload_2018-11-25_15-18-29.png

Spoiler Alpha Version 1 :

Eras renamed
    Prehistory
    Ancient
    Medieval
    Early Modern
    Industrial
    Late Modern
    Contemporary
    Future

New Techs
    Art
    Band Society
    Boat Building
    Carpentry
    Cereal Preparation
    Ceremonial Burial
    Clothing
    Complex Tools
    Cooking
    Draft Animals
    Fermentation
    Fire Mastery
    Fishing
    Food Preservation
    Herbalism
    Irrigation
    Language
    Metalworking
    Music and Dance
    Slash-and-Burn
    Smelting
    Stone Tools
    Symbols
    Tanning
    Textiles
    The Plough
    The Spear
    Trade
    Warfare
    Weaving
    Worship and Ritual

New Units
    • Hunter - Recon unit. Cheap and weak. Upgrades to Scout. Goes obsolete at Trapping. (credit JTitan)
    • Gatherer - Worker unit. Builds Camps, Quarries, Mines, Forest Gardens. Gets consumed with each improvement created, similar to Work Boat. Goes obsolete at Agriculture. (credit JTitan)
    • Shaman - Expensive unit that requires Sweat Lodge. Creates Ritual Sites. Goes obsolete at Theology. (credit JTitan)
    • Canoe - Cheap, weak naval unit. (credit Deliverator)
    • Tribe - Settler unit. (credit JTitan)
    • Mammoth - Barbarian unit (credit Deliverator)
    • Wolf - barbarian unit (credit Kwadjh)
    • Lion - barbarian unit (credit Deliverator)
    New Improvements
    • Forest Garden - +1 Food. Created by the Gatherer. Can only be constructed on Forests and Jungle. (There is no improvement art for this. You will simply see the yield change)
    • Nomadic Camps - replaces the Ancient Ruins as the goody hut. Uses the Encampment graphic.
    • Lairs - replaces the Barbarian Encampment. A Lair looks like a Cave. I wanted something humans and animals can occupy. (credit Nomad or What)
    • Ritual Site - +3 Faith. Created by the Shaman. Uses the Antiquity Site graphic.
    • Other changes - Antiquity Sites now use the Ancient Ruins graphic.
    • Lumber Camps are Lumber Mills renamed. Lumber camps produce the strategic Timber resource.
    New Buildings
    Baskets
    Bonfire
    Cairn
    Causewayed Enclosure
    Cave Painting
    Dolmen (replaces Shrine)
    Earth Oven
    Graveyard
    Henge
    Kiln
    Loom
    Menhir (replaces Monument)
    Obsidian Quarry
    Palisade
    Pottery
    Shell Midden
    Shelter
    Smokehouse
    Stone Circle
    Sweat Lodge
    Tannery
    Tumulus
    Water Well

New Wonders
    Atlit Yam
    Bhimbetka Rock Shelters
    Blombos Cave
    Cairn of Barnenez (credit artisanix)
    Cave of Altamira
    Caves of Swabian Jura
    Gobekli Tepe (credit Pouakai)
    Heart of Neolithic Orkney (credit artisanix)
    Lascaux
    Megalithic Temples of Malta (credit artisanix)
    Nan Madol (credit Pouakai)
    Nazca Lines (credit Pouakai)
    Newgrange (credit artisanix)
    Venus of Dolni Vestonice
    Venus of Willendorf

New National Wonder
    Den - Free at game start. Replaces Palace. Palace is now buildable at Writing.

New Resources
    • Maize - bonus (credit framedarchitecture)
    • Rice - bonus (credit framedarchitecture)
    • Tobacco - luxury (credit framedarchitecture)
    • Tea -luxury (credit framedarchitecture)
    • Timber - strategic, produced by Lumber Camps. This resource will be required to build ships and siege warfare.(credit Hulfgar)
    • Leather - luxury, produced by Tannery
    • Obsidian - luxury, produced by Obsidian Quarry. (This does not generate on the map)
    • Textiles - luxury, produced by Loom
    • Shell Beads - luxury, produced by Blombos Cave

Other Changes
    • Food is now Sustenance. I wanted something that would encompass Food and Medicine. I tried a few different words and Sustenance seemed to work the best.
    • City range reduced to 1.
    • Changes made related to Barbarian spawning
    • Jungles take 3 times as long to chop down. At Industrialization this gets adjusted back to normal. This is to reflect the history of deforestation. Forests are untouched.