Saph's Britain & Ireland (TSL)
Time for a journey to these beautiful islands! Come and explore the geological richness of the Emerald Isle, admire the magnificent peaks of the Scottish Highlands, walk the invigorating coastal path of Pembrokeshire, hike among the valleys of Yorkshire, or get a suntan on the beaches of Cornwall; there is a little something for everyone!
- Explore these Atlantic isles:
This map covers Ireland, Scotland (including the Orkney and Shetland Islands), England, Wales, the Isle of Man and a tiny bit of France and Belgium (Cote d'Opale).
- Map sections of various sizes:
If you don't want to play the whole map, 10 map sections with sizes ranging from Duel to Huge are also available.
- Toggleable terrains:
The Rivers Shannon and Thames can be turned into coast tiles via the set-up options, allowing you to raid deeper into land with your longboats. You can also turn off continental Europe and turn on world wrap, should you wish to shake things up.
- Accurate rivers:
Dozens of rivers and tributaries are placed according to their real life locations (as accurately as it can be done on a hex grid).
- Accurate terrains:
Mountains and hills are placed based on real elevation data, and grass/plains/desert are placed based on USDA soil quality data. Desert tiles are added to represent beaches, and tundra/snow tiles are added to the Highlands.
- Natural wonders:
Apart from the Giant's Causeway and the White Cliffs of Dover, several other wonders have also been included to represent certain points of interest on these islands.
- True Start Locations:
TSL are included for the 5 official civs with historical settlements on these islands and 15 custom leaders. (If you would like any other modded civs to be added, please leave a comment!)
- Map generated floodplains:
This YnAMP-based map has map-generated river floodplains, so dam construction and flooding events are possible.
Map size: Full map is 68 x 118 (Huge+). 10 sections of the map are available as smaller maps.
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
Official civs with TSL
- England: Victoria OR Eleanor (Starts at London)
- Scotland (Starts at Perth)
- France: Catherine AND/OR Eleanor (When both are selected, one will start at Calais, another at Hastings)
- Rome (Starts at Camulodunum)
- Norway (Starts at Jorvik)
Official city states with TSL
- Armagh (Becomes Iona if EnigmaConundrum's Ireland is enabled)
Custom civs with TSL
- EnigmaConundrum's Ireland *
- Merrick's Anglo-Saxons with RFormica's various leaders *
- JFD Wales
- EnigmaConundrum's Britons OR Strudeler's Civilizations: Briton
To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
- Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Britain & Ireland --> Advanced Setup
- Turn on Only Civilizations/City States with TSL
- Adjust the number of civs, city states & religions in the game to your liking.
- Manually pick the civs to play as/against or leave them random.
- Select Natural Wonders: Leave it at Everything / Uncheck the ones that you don't want to appear
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Civilization Placement: Choose True Starting Locations for accurate historical placement / Map Generator for random placement
- Enforce TSL: AI if you don't want the AI to stray from their TSLs
- Use Leaders TSL when available & Use Alternative TSL if required and available: On
- Allow random placement for civs without TSL: Off (You can turn it on if you want random placement for civs not in the list above)
- Enable World Wrap: Turn On to allow the map to wrap along the x-axis (i.e. allow you to sail west from Ireland to reach England)
- No continental Europe: Turn On to make France and Belgium disappear. Recommended if you enable World Wrap.
- Navigable Rivers: Turn On the rivers that you want to turn into coastal tiles for naval units.
- Real City Naming: On (This is only for the capitals for several civs which do not start at their default capitals e.g. Norway & Rome)
- No Duplicate Civilizations: Off, if you want to have civs with multiple leaders at the same time.
This map is made possible by Gedemon's YnAMP & Zobtzler's YnABMC.