Saph's Five Boroughs: NYC Reimagined
Lore (courtesy of Reddit user /u/lateja)
Imagine all of civilization and the world collapses: there's lava followed by an ice age and all that other stuff. Life is wiped out. Then 50 million years later humanity restarts all over again, except this time the humans and life on earth evolved to be much smaller for whatever reason and the NYC 5 Boroughs area is basically planet-size for them, and the rest of the world outside of the 5 Boroughs is completely uninhabitable.
So now you got all these new tiny humans restarting in the 5 Boroughs. But the spiritual presence of the places is still there so all the names will naturally be the same. So you got the Roman Empire posted up with its capital in South Shore sending triremes to attack Gran Colombia in Jackson Heights. China built the Great Wall to the north of Sunset Park -- following the contour of the Prospect Expressway to shield off invasions of American hipsters rock bands coming out of Gowanus and Williamsburg, while India based in the East Village is about to take Astoria away from the Greeks.
This could be epic.
- In an alternate universe, the Five Boroughs of New York City have been reimagined as a world of its own!
- The shape of the land, the location of rivers, lakes and ponds, and the elevation of the terrain (albeit exaggerated) are all based on the real NYC.
- To spice things up, each of the Boroughs has been given its unique biome(s)!
- Three versions of the map are available. You can choose how New Jersey will appear: as a sea of ice, a land of snow or not existing at all!
- Version 1.1: Now with automatic Real City Naming! Names of over 300 neighborhoods have been added! Now you can lead your armies to conquer the Egyptian capital of Coney Island or the Babylonian city of Upper West Side!
Map size: 70 x 80 (Large)
Recommended number of civs: 10 Civs (The map itself does not limit the number of civs or city states you can have, so feel free to have as many or as few as you like!)
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
- Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Five Boroughs --> Advanced Setup
- Adjust the number of civs, city states & religions in the game to your liking.
- Manually pick the civs to play as/against or leave them random.
- Select Natural Wonders: Everything
- Start Position Balance: Your own preference
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Start Position Link: Your own preference
- Real City Naming: On for automatic naming of cities using real neighborhood names!
The creation of this Civ 6 map would not have been possible without Gedemon's YnAMP and Zobtzler's YnABMC and their posts on the Civfanatics forum.