Aloha! The Hawaiian Islands welcome you!
Map size: 108x42 (Standard)
Recommended number of civs: 4-6 Civs (The map itself does not limit the number of civs or city states you can have, so feel free to have as many or as few as you like!)
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
Recommended Mod: Zegangani's Origin: Real Start Locations to help each civ get nice starting terrains favourable to them. Make sure you choose Random for Start Position Link during set-up!
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Hawai'i --> Advanced Setup
- Adjust the number of civs, city states & religions in the game to your liking.
- Manually pick the civs to play as/against or leave them random.
- Start Position Balance: Your own preference
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Start Position Link: Random to place civs according to their starting biases
- Enable World Wrap: On if you want to sail east from Big Island to Ni'ihau.
The creation of this Civ 6 map would not have been possible without Gedemon's YnAMP and Zobtzler's YnABMC and their posts on the Civfanatics forum.