Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea
Want to conquer the Baltic but don't have enough time? This tiny map of the region is created just for you!
- Navigable major rivers:
The Rhine, part of the Elbe, the Oder, the Vistula and the Danube are coast tiles, giving you a slight challenge in exploration and expansion in the early game.
- Fresh water galore:
I might have gone overboard with this but I have added a lot of minor rivers based on their real life layout and locations. May your cities always stay hydrated!
- Working floodplains:
This YnAMP-based map has actual river flooding, so dam construction and flooding events are possible.
- TSL for custom civs:
I've added true starting locations for JFD's Denmark and Merrick's Finland. (If you want any other relevant civs to be added, please let me know in the comments!)
Map size: 50 x 45 (Tiny)
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
Civs & City States
Civs with TSL (9 official + 2 custom civs)
- The Netherlands
- JFD's Denmark
- Merrick's Finland
- Gedemo Saami
City States with TSL (3-5 official civs + 2 custom civs)
- Amsterdam (Unavailable when the Netherlands is available)
- Stockholm (Unavailable when Sweden is available)
- Gedemo Riga City-State
- Gedemo Tallinn City-State
Note: To get the custom city states to show up at their TSL, you have to uncheck Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL during set-up and hand-pick them from the list of city states (i.e. don't let them game choose your city states randomly for you).
To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
- Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea --> Advanced Setup
- Adjust the number of civs (max 11) and city states (max 5-7) in the game to your liking.
- Turn ON Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL to choose your starting civs + city states. This way you ensure only civs with TSL will start.
- If you want to play with the custom city states Riga and Tallinn at their TSL, you need to turn OFF Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL and manually pick the city states to start with. (Specifically, if you have R&F + GS and you want to play with all 5 TSL city states, choose Brussels + Riga + Tallinn + Wolin + Vilnius.)
- Features Placement: Choose Import for pre-placed features. Choosing Map Generator would randomise the features (i.e. woods, rainforests, marshes & reefs)
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Civilization Placement: Choose True Starting Locations
- Enforce TSL: Choose A.I. if you do not want the A.I. to stray from their TSLs
- Turn on Use Leaders TSL when available & Use Alternate TSL if required and available, but turn off Allow random placement for civs without TSL
- Turn on No Duplicate Civilizations & No Duplicate Leaders
The creation of this Civ 6 map would not have been possible without Gedemon's YnAMP and Zobtzler's YnABMC and their posts on the Civfanatics forum.