Saph's Tiny East Asia
Want to conquer East Asia but don't have enough time? This tiny map of the region is created just for you!
- Choke points: While the locations of mountains and hills are based on the real world terrains, I have also taken in account how they would affect city placement and unit movement. Think strategically!
- Navigable major rivers: The Yellow River, the Yangtze, the Pearl River, the Mekong and the Amur are coast tiles, cutting the region into separate landmasses and giving you a slight challenge in exploration and expansion in the early game. (There is also the possibility of imitating a certain Chinese emperor in building a Grand Canal connecting the Yellow River and the Yangtze
- Fresh water galore: I might have gone overboard with this but I have added a lot of minor rivers based on their real life layout and locations. May your cities always stay hydrated!
- Natural wonders: Ha Long Bay is in its TSL, and I have also "borrowed" several wonders from other parts of the world to represent certain natural features in this region.
- True starting locations: Apart from the obvious East Asian civs, several Western civs also have starting locations assigned based on their historical colonial settlements. Do you want to play as native Asians to fight off the colonial invaders? Or invade Asia as one of the "colonisers"? It's up to you to decide! (More details about available civs below.)
- City states: The only in-game city state in this area is Hong Kong, but it would be boring only having one CS in a game, wouldn't it? So there are also 16 other starting locations for CS, each with a custom name based on the locations' historical names!
- Working floodplains: This YnAMP-based map has actual river flooding, so dam construction and flooding events are possible.
Map size: 60 x 38 (Tiny)
Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
Civs & City States
East Asian (7 Civs)
- China (Qin/Kublai)
- Mongolia (Genghis/Kublai)
Colonisers & their TSLs (8 civs **)
- Russia @ Vladivostok
- Germany @ Kiautschou
- France @ Saigon
- Netherlands @ Provintia
- Portugal @ Macau **
- England @ Hong Kong / Shanghai **
- Spain @ Luzon **
- America @ Luzon / Shanghai **
See "City states" discussion thread for full details.
To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
- Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
- Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
- Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
- Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Tiny East Asia --> Advanced Setup
- Turn on Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL
- Adjust the number of civs and city states in the game to your liking (You can set them as high as you want, but you'll only get a max of 14 civs and 15 CS due to TSLs.)
- Manually pick the civs to play against or leave them random (Only the ones listed above will turn up in the game however.)
- Features Placement: Choose Import for pre-placed features. Choosing Map Generator would randomise the features (i.e. woods, rainforests, marshes & reefs)
- Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
- Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
- Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
- Civilization Placement: Choose True Starting Locations
- Enforce TSL: Choose A.I. if you do not want the A.I. to stray from their TSLs
- Turn on Use Leaders TSL when available & Use Alternate TSL if required and available, but turn off Allow random placement for civs without TSL
- Turn on Real City Naming to give the city states ancient state names from the Zhou dynasty
- Turn on No Duplicate Civilizations & No Duplicate Leaders
The creation of this Civ 6 map would not have been possible without Gedemon's YnAMP and Zobtzler's YnABMC and their posts on the Civfanatics forum.