Currently, recon units are not as good as I thought. Useful, but not necessary.
Since Barbarians and AI are crazy to attack player from the beginning. I usually get warrior+slinger (or bowman) instead of scout to defend my cities. Warrior can recon as well as Scout in the beginning stage, when there is no big difference before the first promotion.
Thus, I have made 2 adjustments as below:
You can customize Scout_Plus_Data.sql if you want, example shown as below:
- Increase initial level to 2: This will provide a free promotion to ignore Forest or Hill. Recon units should have skill to walk through Features better then normal combat units.
- Increase Base Sight Range to 3 from 2: Even Naturalist has Sight Range 3. (Scout has a dog!) By the time a scout gets sight range +1 promotion, it usually doesn't have to explore further.
Installation :Code:UPDATE Units SET BaseSightRange = 3, InitialLevel = 2 WHERE UnitType = 'UNIT_SCOUT' OR UnitType = 'UNIT_RANGER';
Please feel free to let me know if there is any issue, thanks.
- Unzip the file to "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"
- It should create a folder named "Scout Plus"
- Go in "Additional Content" and activate it by checking the box and launch a game.
Scout/Ranger Plus 1.00
Recon units: Base Sight Range +1, Initial Level +1