Adds the Shang (商朝) to the base game.
The earliest recorded Chinese dynasty for which there is both documentary and archaeological evidence, the Shang or Yin Dynasty was the reputed successor to semi-legendary Xia Dynasty. The period of the dynasty's rule has traditionally been dated 1766 - 1122 BC; however, more recent archaeological work place these dates closer to 1600 - 1046 BC. It was in this period that Chinese writing began to develop as well as the advancement of the calendar for both lunar and solar cycles. Pottery, jade carvings, and bronze work are among the most notable surviving artifacts, the latter primarily serving a ceremonial function.
Steam Workshop Link
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates to the mod will most likely break save games. Please do not update until you are ready to begin a new game.
Leader: Wu Ding
UA: Oracle Bones: Great People may sacrifice a Pasture based Resource to receive a random bonus effect and create a Great Work of Writing (this consumes both the Unit and the Resource).
UU: Ya: Replaces Spearman. +15% Combat Strength if all of your Cities are following the same Religion. Can Capture Great People.
UB: Dragon Bone Pit: Replaces Shrine. Contains 1 slot for a Great Work of Writing which, when filled, increases the religious pressure emanating from this City by 20%.
- Leader scene and icon by Janboruta
- Chinese translation by tmxk2012917
- Civ V UU model by danrell from his Civ5 Ancient Unit Pack 06 : Korea
- Peace and War themes taken from the "Ancient Chinese Music: Lofty Mountains and Flowing Water"; copyright 2002 Hubei Art Troupe Band and China Record Corporation
- Tomatekh (primary author).
- Supports Historical Religions, Ethnic Units, Expanded Civlopedia, YnAEMP, Civ IV Leader Traits, Unique Cultural Influence, Map Labels, Events & Decisions, Piety & Prestige, Cultural Diversity
Shang (Brave New World) v. 22
Shang (Brave New World)
- v. 22 Feb 5, 2017