Strategic Industry

Strategic Industry V. 10.01

Caravel no longer requires Shipyard.

Shipyard moved back to Mass Production.
Strategic resources are no longer produced by the base game buildings. I created a separate mod for this called Defense Contractors.

New Building: Forge. Produces Copper.

Crossbowman now requires Iron.
Frigate and Privateer now require Niter.
Biplane now requires Oil.
New Projects:
Firearm Enhancements: Available at Mobilization. Requires Niter and Industrial Zone. Produces Propellant and Great General points.

R&D Investments: Available at Composites. Requires Iron and Campus. Produces Composites and 15% Science.

Propellant is no longer produced by the Factory.

New Resource: Composites.
Required by Mech Infantry, Rocket Artillery, Mobile SAM, Modern Armor.

All Mines built on Strategic Resources no longer need the Feature removed.
Added new resource: Propellant.

Propellant is produced by the Factory. Available at Rifling.

Propellant is consumed by late game non-mechanized units. Infantry, Machine Guns, etc.

Many Units now require buildings as prerequisites to simulate real-life industry.
Completely overhauled the mod to streamline things. Units require resources again but no longer require buildings. Instead many buildings produce strategic resources.
Updated to support the Maceman, Sniper, and Explorer in MOAR Units .71

Removed the yield changes to Copper for compatibility with my Realistic Resource Yields mod. The yield changes now occur in Realistic Resource Yields.
Added Even MOAR Units Poland support.

Removed MOAR Units dependencies. Not needed.
Updated to support:
  • MOAR Units .62
  • Even MOAR Units Aztecs
  • Even MOAR Units: Hooves and Holy War
Solved issue with crashes related to MOAR Units, Aztec DLC, Poland DLC and Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels that were occurring when saved games were loaded. Issue was resolved by adding a LoadOrder element to the modinfo file.

Removed MOAR Units in it's entirety from Strategic Industry. MOAR Units must be loaded separately.

Removed Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels in it's entirety from Strategic Industry. Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels must be loaded separately.

Created removable compatibility folders for MOAR Units, Poland DLC, and Aztec DLC . These folders must be removed if you are not using the DLC.

Updated strategic resource references to the new units in MOAR Units 0.52.
Fixed the problem where the graphics for the alternate naval units (oil battleship, coal destroyer, nuclear aircraft carrier, and missile cruiser) were not appearing in-game.
Added data for resource buffs to MOAR Units. This data was unintentionally skipped when I merged Strategic Industry with MOAR Units. :mischief:

Fixed Uranium buff modifier.

Thanks to Lynnes for finding these issues.
Fixed a compatibility problem with the Aztec DLC.

Explanation: After completely uninstalling and then installing a clean copy of Civ VI I began having the same compatibility issue with the Aztec DLC that I was previously having with the Poland DLC. So I updated the Aztec Compatibility xml file in a way that is similar to the Poland Compatibility file. This seems to have fixed the problem.
Fixed saved game crash caused by Poland DLC.

Added removable Poland DLC and Aztec DLC compatibility files for players who don't own either DLC.
Updated for Poland DLC compatibility
Replacement of the core art and text files is no longer necessary.

Merged in Tribes, Bandits, and Rebels to solve a compatibility issue.
Fixed text error for Fatherland Volunteer unit.
Strategic Industry has now been completely merged with MOAR Units 4.1 to solve the saved game loading crash issue. No need to run MOAR Units 4.1 separately. All of the files are included.

Unfortunately this is the only way to make this work. For some reason the TypeTags table doesn't reference properly when the table is separated into two xml files during a saved game load.
Fix: Added Japan's unique building, the Electronics Factory as an alternate prerequisite for some units.
I have made major changes to get the mod closer to my original vision:

Added Biao's Strategic Resource mod which enhances unit combat strength with strategic resources

Strategic resources have essentially been divided into two categories:
  • Energy: includes Horses, Coal, Oil, Uranium. These resources are required by relevant offensive units.
  • Materials: includes Stone, Copper, Iron, Niter, Coal, Uranium. These resources increase combat strength of relevant units but are not required.
Archery, Anti-cavalry, and Melee units have no resource and building requirements. But receive combat strength buffs from resources. This way city-states can have a bare minimum defense and stay modernized.

Building Prerequisites: Relevant Units now have a greater variety of buildings from the Industrial Zone, Encampment, Harbor, or Aerodrome as requirements.

The Research Lab is now required for most Information era and some Atomic era units.

Alternate gunpowder units including the Nitrary building have been removed.

Duplicate Copper and Iron Units a have been removed.

Other fixes:

Copper and Aluminum mines can now be constructed without the need to remove Forests and Jungles.

Added more valid terrains for strategic resource generation.

Added strategic resource icons to naval unit names for easier identification.
Updated Art Defines for version 2.0 of Specialized Industry
Top Bottom