Resource icon

Super Mario Bros. - The Koopa Troop 2016-10-05

Original release: 6th January 2015 | Current Version: 6th January 2016

This mod adds a civilization based on Bowser and the Koopa Troop from Super Mario Bros., with the mighty Koopa King himself as its leader! This civilization is designed for conquest first and foremost, with incentives to keeping foreign cities under its control.

This mod requires Brave New World.

Steam Workshop page (screenshots can also be found here)
My CivFanatics thread

Mod options can be changed via the BowserOptions.sql file. You can choose an alternate leader icon for Bowser, as well as enabling alternate colours for Ethiopia if you're having trouble distinguishing the two civilizations on the map.

This mod includes several flavour unit graphics: currently included are new models for the Landship, Tank, Modern Armor, Mechanized Infantry, Mobile SAM, Rocket Artillery, Nuclear Missile and Jet Fighter.

Peace Theme: Bowser's Theme (Mario Party)
War Theme: Nemesis King Koopa (Super Mario Galaxy)

Additional soundtrack packs (either or both can be used):

Mod Compatibility

Also includes unique diplomacy responses to several other civilizations, see the included readme for details.

Known Issues

• The Bowser Airship is a simple reskin of the Sky Fortress, respectively. However, I did base the gasbag design on the Bowser Airship on something that appeared in a Mario game; kudos to you if you know what it is.
  • This mod may have problems with mods that alter the behaviour of the Helicopter Gunship. I've accounted for Whoward's "Units - Steampunk Airships" and "Helicopters Can Fly Over Water", but I can't guarantee that it will work properly with any others.
  • Because I've been using JFD's MasterSupportFile.sql to make sure my mod support is up to date, when using some of the mods this civ is compatiable with, some of the parts of Bowser_ModSupport.sql may not be added correctly if it is used alongside other civilizations that are not updated along with MasterSupportFile.sql.

Credits

• SamBC and J_mie6 - Icon Atlas templates
  • Huitzul and cicero225 - base for diplomacy text templates
  • Tomatekh - dummy building code
  • Deliverator - unit reskin tutorial and model conversion help
  • Vice Virtuoso, - mod options code
  • JFD - mod compatibility code
  • Nintendo - for Super Mario Bros. and the models I used
  • Mario Wiki - reference and art
  • bouncymischa - advice and moral support
  • Wolfdog - A-10 unit model
  • steam_image_mHj.jpg