This is a modifed version of Big Bopper's Swedish Empire Scenario, which is (probably) the best Renaissance era scenario on Civ3 ever! So, first of all, all glory to Big Bopper!
This scenario starts from 1558, covering 16th - early 18th century, most of the west, central, north and east Europe, providing 29 (with 28 playable) civs and historical accurate techs, governments and units.
What's new (compare to Big Bopper's original scenario):
1. various game crashing bugs fixed
2. adjusted civs' colours, make them similar to the civs' historical flag or unifrom colour as possible as I can.
3. new and adjusted city graphics, making city style more organize according to regions.
4. some new and adjusted unit graphics to existed units, providing more variety and historical accurate graphics.
5. All civilizations except the Independent States are playable.
Warning! Although all are playable, minor powers (Ireland, Scotland, Württemberg, Palatinate, Mecklenburg, Magdeburg, Lorraine, Hesse, and Hannover) are especially hard to play as.
6. Various new unique units, including:
- Order Knight, armed with pollaxe and renaissance three-quarter armour, only available to Livonia. Upgrades directly to Grenadier.
- Bidenhänder, representing early mercenaries and militias armed with German two-handed sword. Available to all German civs, Austria has a special version of this unit. Upgrades directly to Grenadier.
- 16c Baltic Arquebusier, available to Brandenburg-Prussia and Livonia.
- Rodelero, unique Spainish Man-at-Arms
- Irish unique units: Kern (16c Pikeman), Gallowglass (Man-at-Arm), Arquebusier, Reiter
1. Ireland is now playable, it is still a minor power though.
2. Four new unique units for Ireland: Kern (16c Pikeman), Gallowglass (Man-at-Arm), Arquebusier, Reiter.
3. Rodelero as unique Man-at Arm for Spain.
4. German civs (except Austria and Brandenburg-Prussia) can not train Man-at-Arm anymore.
5. Two new technologies: Renaissance Army and Renaissance Navy, all civs start with them. They exist in the tech tree in order to allow player to see what units can be trained at the start.
6. Various bug fix and adjustments.
Older update notes:
This would not be the last version, I'm still working on improving this Scenario.
(this list only include credits of new content I added)
-Kinboat, unit graphics
-imperator1961, unit graphics
-Balam-Agab, unit graphics
-CamJH, unit graphics
-Kyriakos, city graphics
Swedish Empire: Renaissance Warfare 1.3
A modified version of Big Bopper's Scenario