Resource icon

The 21st Century 2016-10-05

Here is the readme from the game. I think it explains just about everything. Feel free to offer you coments and suggestions. If you want a version of the map with just the cities to make your own scenario you can e-mail me.

The 21st Century
Scenario by James Ferguson (jinif)
The inspiration for this scenario was given to me by a civ2 scenario called the 20th century.
I am trying to give a acurate representation of the world now (well kind of, I put my own spin on things).
The map I used is based on the Civ2 world map, I am not sure who made it though. The map is not
very big, I think it is standard size

In this Scenario you can play as The North American Alliance (USA, Canada, Isreal), European Union
(Western Europe, Australia), Latin American Alliance (Central America, South America, Carribean),
Russia (Russia,former Soviet Republics), Union of Muslim Nations (North Africa, Turkey, Middle East,Pakistan), India, China, South East Asian Defence Pact (Vietnam, Thailand, Burma, Indonesia),Sub-Saharan African Union (Most of Sub-Saharan Africa), Japanese Economic League (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Phillipines)

I also changed the rules a lot in this scenario, so I will list some of the bigger things that I changed, you can look up the specifics in the rules: Increased Naval movement, increased maintenance costs for advanced city improvements, 3 new governments (Muslim Fundamentalism, Transitional Democracy, Military Republic), I got rid of Nuclear Weapons because I want all warfare to be conventional, I changed the names and effects of some wonders of the world (For example I dont see how the Pyramids give egypt graneries in all its cities, but it does attract tourists, so I made its effect to be to increase tax revenue), the space race has been disabled, made Uranium a required resource for modern armor (replacing Alluminum). You should take a quick glance through the rules when you play so that you know some of the changes.

North American Alliance: This was formed after NATO dissolved as an alliance system for the United States. It includes Canada and Isreal the two US allies.

European Union: This alliance was made by the western Democracies, and was militarily solidified to protect against a newly militant Russia.

Russia: Russia has become more aggresive in trying to regain the empire it lost when the Soviet Union collapsed. It was able to strongarm Poland and Ukraine back under its control, and quickly invaded and took over Kazakstan and the other "stan" countries south of it under the guise of "fighting terrorism".

Union of Muslim Nations: This alliance was formed following the muslim outrade over the assasination of Sadam Hussien by the United States. Muslim leaders met in a coference in Bahdad and soon came up with a plan for a strong military alliance as a way to counter threats from Isreal and India.

Latin American Alliance: This alliance was started when a Brazilian generalisimo took advantage of economic chaos in Argentina to take control of the government there. Soon other countries in latin America were joining the alliance between these two powers in order to appease the Brazilian generalisimo. Resisting such actions of unifications are the Zapatistas in Mexico, FARC in Colombia, Tupac Amaru rebels in Peru, and numourous armed indian tribes in the Amazon known collectively as "Free Amazon".

South East Asian Defence Pact: Although called a "Defence Pact", this alliance is really more of a way for the countries to make a higher profit when selling their rubber to the rest of the world. The Khemer Rouge in Cambodia has made a small uprising that needs to be dealt with.

Sub-Saharan African Union: Led by South Africa this Union of African countries was partly in responce to the Muslim Unification, and partly to try and get Africa on its feet and into the 21st century with the rest of the world.

Japanese Economic League: Quite the opposite of the "South East Asian Defence Pact", this agreement is less of a economic one and more of a military one. After Japan and Korea decided not to join in the US aliance, the United States helped set up this alliance to try and ward off Chinese aggresion. Japan is begining to rearm itself to try an make a attack by China as costly as possible, but it need more natural resources.

China: China is looking greedily toward Japan and South Korea as a way to try and make money as it will be in debt soon if it does not get more money. China also likes the idea of trying to take away the natural resources of South East Asia. China also has to deal with a uprising of militant Buhdist Monks in Tibet. Also large numbers of a Mongolian Cult have taken control of Mogolia trying to reclaim the days of Mogol horde domination on horseback, it is unclear on what they are going to do however.

India: India is trying to maitain a large army in order to defend itself against an attack by the Muslim Union, however the large army is putting a strain on the Indian bank account.

How to start with a different Civilization:
1. Start the Civ3 editor (Civ3Edit).
2. Go to "Player Properties".
3. Scroll the most upper drop-down menum where it says "Player 1",
*not* the "Civilization" drop-down menu.
4. Search for the player which has the Civilization you want to play.
5. Click on the check-box "Human Player". It will ask you for a confirmation,
click on "Yes".
6. Click on "Ok", save it and exit. Then start the scenario and you will start
as your loving Civ.
Author
jinif
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

Latest reviews

This is awesome.
seeing as how this is no longer a futureistic scenario id like for you to Up-date it or create a part two. this is my idea dont change a thing except this make it the near future of the year 2021 and call it " 21st century pt.2 v.1 ". and in this scenario depicts VA day or V-M day victory over arabs or muslims . and in this scenario Africans get Ehithiopia and Somalia. and India merges with Pakistan and afganistan to form South Asian union. a unon styled like the EU but only smaller. Plus the EU takes back poland. and the north american union gets Mexico so that the 3 NAFTA nations will be united on the other hand the americans also get to keep that Isreal and its possesions bit. like Palestine ,and jordan. and Korea is united and independent again for first time sice the year 1900 part of the japanese alliance but atlease united and not communist. former soviet civ called CIS (commonwealth of independent states) stays the same except i did notice you put some of its cities in the wrong location like i seen tilbisi in Siberia and its a dagestan republic.(the caucasian mountains) i noticed greenland was completly uncolonized i figured at least one small city of size 4 and under EU control but it was fun having exploer type units there in the uncharted lands i felt like marco polo when i was comanding that explorer dude. and since the march 2011 canada has broken away from the british commonwealth of nations and calls it self the harper government and the union with the USA the harper union. after prime minister harper. so you got that dead on the money. so basicalley make this version of part 2. also India had too many cities after Jaipur got blown up it freed up space for calcutta and delhi and bombay (mumbai). id like jaipur's terrain tile to be transformed into a jungle. also the rules file needs editing casue terrain tiles should have been producing more food even im more generus then that you gave zero bonus and this is planet earth map it should have planet earth region bonus. atleast could have set food prodection to the regional level it was set at the county level. it needs to be on the state level this is earth region. other than that ,thats my general outline of how your world of 2021 should be.
Top Bottom