Adds the Garamantes to the base game.
The Garamantes were a Saharan people who used an elaborate underground irrigation system and founded a prosperous Berber kingdom in the Fezzan area of modern day Libya. They were a local power in the Sahara between 500 BC and AD 500 and traded extensively, effectively controlling trans-Saharan trade with Roman-Carthage and Egypt and perhaps even the upper peoples of ancient West Africa. It is believed that the Taureg people are the modern descendants of the Garamantes.
Steam Workshop Link
Gods and Kings Version:
Steam / Civfanatics
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates will most likely break saves. Do not update unless you are ready to start a new game.
UA: Chariot Routes: Units ignore Terrain Costs when moving along land Trade Routes connected to your empire and start with +1 Movement if they begin their turn on such a Trade Route. Cities irrigate Fresh Water from Foggaras to adjacent tiles.
UU: Replaces Scout. Double Movement in Desert. Can Explore Rival Territory. No Maintenance. (Unit max scales to map size).
UI: Foggara: Available at Engineering. +3 Food. +1 Gold with Fertilizer. Acts as a source of Fresh Water. Only buildable on Desert Hill tiles.
- Leader screen, icon, UU icon, DoM graphic by Janboruta
- UI model, icon by Sukritact
- Peace music by Andreas Waldetoft from Crusader Kings II, War music by Creative Assembly from Medieval II: Total War
- UU graphic by JTitan.
- DoM voiceover by Andrew Holt (Charlatan Alley)
- All code and art otherwise not listed made by Tomatekh (primary author).
Other modders, feel free to use this civ in any way you want but please give credit.