Adds the Kuikuro to the base game.
An indigenous tribe of the Upper Xingu region of Brazil, the Kuikuro represent one of the great lost civilizations of the Amazon jungle. Approximately 1,500 years ago they built a sophisticated complex of cities centered near lake Kuhikugu. Hosting a potential population of over 10,000, these settlements exhibited a complex network of roads, palisades, and plazas and featured extensive agricultural efforts integrated into the local landscape. Much like most of pre-Columbian America, their population was devastated by the introduction of European borne diseases and slavers. Today, only about 500 members of the tribe remain with most of their history either forgotten or regarded as legend.
Steam Workshop Link
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates to the mod will most likely break save games. Please do not update until you are ready to begin a new game.
- At the moment, the UA won’t work with improvements added by other mods (i.e. workers will still remove jungle when building them). I’m looking into which I can add compatibility for, but, depending on the other mod, it might not be doable on my end.
UA: Garden Cities: Workers may build Improvements without removing Jungle or Forest from tiles.
UU: Huka-Huka Warrior: Replaces Warrior. +30% Combat Strength when within 5 tiles of a friendly City celebrating a 'We Love the King Day'. Earns a bonus +10 XP every time the Unit is upgraded.
UB: House Garden: Replaces Granary. +1 Production on Bananas, Cocoa, Spices (instead of +1 Food on Wheat, Bananas, Deer). Civilian Units trained in the City start with the Woodsman promotion. No Maintenance.
- Leader scene and icon by Janboruta
- UU and UB icons by TarcisioCM
- Civ V UU model converted by DJSHenninger from Bakuel's Civ IV Filipino Ancient Unit Pack
- Peace and War themes taken from the "Apocalypto" soundtrack; copyright 2006 James Horner and Hollywood Records
- All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh (primary author).
- Supports Historical Religions, Ethnic Units, Expanded Civlopedia, YnAEMP, Civ IV Leader Traits, Unique Cultural Influence, Map Labels, Events & Decisions, Piety & Prestige, Cultural Diversity
The Kuikuro (Brave New World) v. 26
The Kuikuro (Brave New World)