Tomatekh's Historical Religions

Tomatekh's Historical Religions v.24

- General changes to support Gathering Storm
- Canaanism, Pachaism, Tala-e-Fonua added to the HR Lite Religions
- Shia (Twelver, Zaidiyyah, Ismailiyyah, Alawites), Din-i Ilahi, Legalism, Spiritism, Palo added to the mod
- Several additional options added to the configuration file
-- Split up several of the denomination/icon groupings into multiple groups
-- Specific groups of religions can now be disabled
-- Specific leaders can now be set to an alternate historical preference
-- 'HR_CUSTOM_RELIGIONS_UNUSED' can be used to enable 7 additional (fully functional but slightly unfinished) religions
-- 'HR_CUSTOM_ICONS_UNUSED' can be used to enable 2 additional (fully functional but slightly unfinished) custom icons
-- ''HR_CUSTOM_ICONS_REMOVED' can be used to add the removed Insular Cross icon as a custom icon
- Misc. text and code changes

* As I significantly altered the configuration file, please let me know if you encounter any problems with any of the new options

** The update is not compatible with existing saves. A direct link to download the previous version is available at the bottom of the mod's Steam Workshop page.
v.10.3.a

-Small update to correct the Mesoamerican Denominations crash, should have no impact on existing saves. However, remember to reset the configuration file to your preffered settings before loading an older save.
Okay, Part 3 of the update. I know it’s soon after the previous one, but I didn’t want to leave the issues I mentioned hanging:

- Catholicism and Orthodoxy use their updated icons
- Pedia entries now correctly update with config options
- The custom name option now pre accommodates some mods without support
- Added a German translation by stevie-the-curious (thanks!)
- General bug and text fixes

The strategic view pressure icons used in the religion lens are still not working. I couldn’t figure them out just yet :/ but will implement them at a later date.

Unless there’s a game-breaking bug to fix, the next update probably won’t be for a while so I can work on new content for the mod.
v. 10 Part 2

- All religions re-enabled and fully functional with the religion lens
- Config file re-enabled
- Added the ‘HR_CUSTOM_NAMES’ option to the config file. When enabled, all historical religions not preferred by a leader or included in the base game will function as a custom icon.

- Miscellaneous bug, compatibility, and text fixes

~~~

Still To Do For Part 3 (Sometime Next Month)

- Set Catholicism and Orthodoxy to use their updated icons
- Add strategic view icons for the lens
- Correct the pedia to properly update entries when changing denominations in the config file

- Additional config file options

~~~

NOTE: Mod updates break saved games made with the previous version. If Steam updates your mod automatically, there is a download link for the previous version at the bottom of the mod description (above) which you can use to continue your saved game.
v.10 Update (Part 1)

So, good news and slightly disappointing news. As many of you know, the Religion Lens issue has plagued this mod since last October. Leugi (the amazing modder that he is) finally solved the issue! However, it was only solved last week. It actually takes some time to implement the fix, as I need to manually do it for every icon in the mod (all 140 of them). Needless to say a week is not nearly enough time to do them all. In the meantime, I also needed to post an update so the mod can load with Rise and Fall as well as a general leader preference update.

So, in order to post a working update as soon as possible, I’ve made the compromise to set the mod to load in “Light Mode”. Light Mode is normally an option in the mod’s config file where the mod only adds about ~10 new religions to accommodate preferences for all the officially included leaders. The Light Mode religions are now all fully functional (icons, religion lens, historic moments) and up to date.

Essentially, this is part 1 of the update. The mod works again, all the new leaders have preferences, and I have more time to work through the remaining 110 icons. When they are finished, I’ll post part 2 which will re-enable all the religions as well as the config file options. Hopefully, part 2 won’t take too long. In the meantime, I hope everyone understands and can still enjoy the mod.

Thanks!

- The mod now works with both the base game and the Rise and Fall expansion.
- The mod (temporarily) will only load in light mode.
- All light mode religions now function with the religion lens.
- Added “historic moments” art for the light mode religions.
- Amatongo, Tengriism, Wakan Tanka, and Witran Mapu added to the light mode religions.
- Shaka now prefers Amatongo; Genghis Khan now prefers Tengriism, Poundmaker now prefers Wakan Tanka, Lautaro now prefers Witran Mapu.
- The mod now has a new ID #
v.9

- Anito (Phillipine), Ahmadi, Chiminigagua (Muisca), Fât Roog (Serer), Mahoma(Calusa), Mwari Cult (Shona), Pohakantenna (Shoshone)
- 2 Additional Custom Icons
- The mod now has a load order of -1

Remember, the configuration table is located at the top of the “HR_Religions_Master.sql” file.

The update is not compatible with save games using the previous version.
v. 8
- Compatibility update for the July patch
- Amanitore prefers Pesedjet

The configuration table has been moved to the top of the “HR_Religions_Master.sql” file.

Please make sure to delete any old versions of the mod that may be in your Content or Mods folders. The update is not compatible with save games using the previous version.

(Known Issues: The religion pedia text does not properly update if changing its individual denomination with the configuration table. I will try to correct this in a later update. Let me know if you encounter any other issues).
v. 7

- Adventism (Christianity), Santería (Afro-Cuban), Orenda (Iroquois), Romuva (Lithuanian), Suomenusko (Finnish), Tala-e-Fonua (West Polynesian), Napir-tuniis (Elamite)
- Added 3 additional custom icons
- Cleaned up various od icons, text, names, etc.
- Added a partial French translation (mostly names) by zebenji
- Misc. mod support

A link to download the previous version (to continue old saves, etc.) can be found at the bottom of the Steam workshop description.
Historical Religions v.6

Note: Do not update until you are ready to start a new save.

- New Religions: Bumuntu (Luba), Malagan (Micronesian), Temaukelism (Selk'nam)
- New Denominations: Catharism (Christianity), Intiism (Inca), Tangata Manu (Rapa Nui), Tzol'kin (Maya)
- Added several new custom icons
- Custom icons can now be toggled on/off with the configuration file (and independent of the HR Light option)
- Cleaned up several older icons
- Added back-up support for several civ mods
- Miscellaneous fixes
- File clean up and mod compatibility issues
Compatibility update for the Spring Patch/DLC. The update is not compatible with previous version saves.

- Alexander now prefers Hellenism/Dodekatheon; Cyrus, Zorastrianism; Hardrada, Eastern Christianity
- Added SQL triggers to ensure DLC preferences are set regardless of load order
- New Denominations: (Christianity: Arianism, [Protestantism: Lutheranism, Calvinism, Baptist Christianity, Methodism, Pentecostalism]), (Chaldaeanism: Ashurism)
- Caduceus added to the custom icons
- Historical Religions Light: A “light” version of the mod may now be enabled in the configuration file. Doing so prompts the mod to load with only a minimum of new religions (7) to provide representation for the officially included civilizations.
- Fixed an issue where your chosen religion would not function after choosing Shia or Ibadi.

Religions:
Angakkunngurniq (Inuit), Itan (Yoruba), Laiboni (Maasai), Mandaeanism, Midewiwin (Ojibwe), Mushrikun (Arabic), Noaidevuohta (Sami), N'um (Saan), Satsana Phi (Tai), Yazdânism (Kurdish), Zemiism (Taino)

Denominations:
- Hellenism: Atanodjuwaja Cult, Mysteries, Dodekatheism, Neoplatonism, Numenism, Imperial Cult, Mithraism, Heros Cult
- Pesedjet: Amanaiism, Atenism
- Islam: Druze
- The mod folder now contains a configuration file (“HR_Config.sql”) which may be used to toggle the included denomination packs on or off.
- Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy should once again use their new icons.
- Cleaned up various text and file entries, converted the color file to SQL.

New Religions:
- Denominations:
--- Christianity: Nestorianism, Anglicanism, Restorationism
--- Hinduism: Vedism, Shaivism, Shaktism, Vaishnavism, Smartism
--- Islam: Ibadiyya
- Base Religions:
--- Bird Figure Cult, Kachina, Razana, Muism
- Mod is now compatible with the 2016 Winter Patch
- No longer requires users to replace the Icons_Religions.xml file
Reactions: Sun Ce of Wu
Top Bottom