Tomatekh's Historical Religions

Tomatekh's Historical Religions v.24

v. 24

- Elizabeth and Steam Victoria now prefer Anglicanism
- Added alternate preferences in the config file for Varangian Harald
- Fixed Sejong’s alternate preferences in the config file to work correctly
- Renamed Nomo to Maa Ngala and updated its pedia entry
- Slightly changed the colors of Maa Ngala, Twelver, Puta Tuma, Vaishnavism to be more distinct from each other
- Misc. text and code changes
Reactions: Knightfall
v.23
- Theodora now prefers Oriental Orthodoxy
- (Ludwig and Sejong unchanged and prefer Catholicism and Confucianism, respectively)
- Added some new options to the config file's alternate preference section.
- Misc. text and code updates.
Reactions: Noble Zarkon
v. 22
- Ramses now prefers Pesedjet
- Cleopatra (Ptolemaic) now prefers Hellenism
- Sundiata Keita now prefers Nommo (full version); Islam (lite version)
- Expanded Carthage's religion options in the config file
- Misc. text and code changes
Minor correction to the SQL to prevent a rare crash.
v.21
- Wu now prefers Buddhism (Mahayana)
- Yongle now prefers Confucianism
- Qin (Classic) now prefers Taoism
- Qin (Unifier) now prefers Legalism
- Julius now prefers Numenism
- Added some additional naming options to the config file.
- Misc. clean up and text changes.

Sorry for posting this later than usual.
v.20
- Added support for the new leader pack.
- Added some additional options to the config file.
v.19
- Added support for the new leader pack.
- Fixed the Asatru naming option.
- Added some additional options to the config file.
Hey everyone, just a minor update to correct an issue with religions not displaying the correct icon during the Historic Moments screen.

v.18:
- Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy now show the correct icon for the Historic Moments screen
- Scythian Religion name changed to Ardavda
- Added additional alternate name options to the config file
- Misc. text changes and clean up

Please Note: I have not uploaded this version to Steam yet. I will likely do so on Monday.

As always, mod updates have the potential to break previous saves, so don’t update until you are ready. Also, as the update makes changes to the config file, all settings will revert to the default and you will have to re-apply your preferred settings after you update.
Hey everyone! v.17 is more a maintenance update than anything else. I still don’t really have the time to add new religions to the mod at the moment. So, I focused on house cleaning, fixing some bugs, and adding some requested options to the config file.

- Joao added to the files (Catholicism)
- Slightly tweaked the colors of the preferred religions to separate them more on the game map
- Fixed some of the city bar size religion icons to appear more distinct (I still have a few more I need to correct in the future)
- Misc. copy-editing and text changes to the pedia files
- Corrected the Japanese and Chinese language text keys so the files now properly load
- Corrected issues with some of the other translations not adjusting for enabled denominations
- Added additional alternate religion preference options to the config file (primarily focused on modern civ equivalents which was frequently requested)
- Added a config file option to change the default name of several of the religions (mostly based on requests, will look into expanding this option in the future)
- Misc. bug fixes

Mod updates are usually incompatible with older saves. If you need a previous version to finish an older save, a download link for v.16 is included at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.

I hope everyone is well and still enjoying the game and mod!
v.16

- Trieu – Lite: Buddhism / Complete: Tho Than / [Config Option: Buddhism (Mahayana)]
- Kublai x2 – Lite: Buddhism / Complete: Buddhism (Vajrayana) / [Config Option: Tengriism]
- Vajrayana & Tho Than added to the Lite Mode Exception Config list
- Moved Tho Than from the files to the active mod
- Moved the Mask Icon from the files to the active mod
- Misc. edits to the text, colors, religion order
- Various bug fixes (Thanks for the reports!)

Mod updates are usually incompatible with older saves. If you need a previous version to finish an older save, a download link for v.15 is included at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.
- Hammurabi prefers Chaldaeanism
- Ajivika & Mu'tazila moved to the full mod
- Denomination groups not related to the default religions no longer have a “base denomination” allowing more configuration file customization
- Some additional options added for Lite Mode Exceptions & Alternate Preferences
- Misc. text changes and religion re-ordering

Mod updates are usually incompatible with older saves. If you need a previous version to finish an older save, download links for v14 and v13b are included at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.
v .15

- Hammurabi prefers Chaldaeanism
- Ajivika & Mu'tazila moved to the full mod
- Mod loads by default in Complete Mode
- Denomination groups not related to the default religions no longer have a “base denomination” allowing more configuration file customization
- Some additional options added for Lite Mode Exceptions & Alternate Preferences
- Misc. text changes and religion re-ordering

Mod updates are usually incompatible with older saves. If you need a previous version to finish an older save, download links for v14 and v13b are included at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.
HR v 14

So, the reason why a simple preference update took so long was because I decided to be a masochist and re-code the entire mod.

As a result, the config file now lets you enable / disable (almost) every religion individually instead of in groups. This was always my original intention for the mod, but wasn’t possible as a result of initially having to code the mod piecemeal as I added religions throughout Civ VI’s releases.

However, I’ve also removed the ability to disable the core religions found in the base game. I hate to take out options, but this would continually cause issues with other mods that checked for those religions.

I’ve expanded the ‘Lite Mode Exceptions’ section of the config file. You can now essentially use Lite Mode with only the preferred denominations added.

Druidism added to the Lite Mode

Ambiorix now prefers Druidism (with option for Forn Sidr)

Basil prefers Eastern Orthodoxy (with option for Catholicism)

Added the Japanese name translation by hirami_lemontea (Thanks again!)

Ajivika can be enabled in the Unfinished Religion/Icon section of the config file

Since I re-coded the entire mod, it’s very possible I made a simple typo or mistake somewhere. Please let me know if you encounter any issues. Currently the mod will initially load in Lite Mode (enable Complete Mode in the configuration file) as I see how everyone uses the new file system.

Because of all the changes, I strongly recommend starting a new game with the new version. As always, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.

I hope everyone is well and enjoys the update!
v.13b Hotfix

Added checks to see if you own the new leaders to prevent a crash.
New preferences:
- Ethiopia now prefers Oriental Orthodoxy
- Alt Teddy now prefers Calvinism
- Alt Catherine now prefers Catholicism

Config file:
- Ibadi, Ahmadi, Druze can now be deactivated separately from HR_ISLAMIC_DENOMINATIONS
- Vajrayana can now be deactivated separately from HR_BUDDHIST_DENOMINATIONS
Historical Religions v.13

- Added compatibility for the New Frontier Pass
-- Simon Bolivar prefers Catholicism
-- Lady Six Sky now prefers (Tlateomatiliztli (Tzol'kin))
-- Moved Oriental Orthodoxy to the base Christian denominations (in preparation for Ethiopia’s upcoming inclusion).
- Added a partial Chinese translation (religion names) thanks to Flactine and 柚子酱 (I used parts of both of your translations, thanks again for your hard work).
- Anglicanism now functions correctly with the HR_CUSTOM_NAMES option.
- Removed the cross from the Jehova’s Witnesses Icon.
- Updated the Latter-day Saints pedia entry.
- Miscellaneous text updates to various pedia entries and civ names.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Per request, added an option to disable Mi-Chos individually
- Per request, added an option to enable Anglicanism separately from the HR_PROTESTANT_EXTENDED and HR_CHRISTIAN_EXTENDED options.
- Per request, added an option to disable Spiritism separately from the HR_DISABLE_EUROPE option.
- Per request, added options to enable Forn Sidr and/or Anglicanism while Historical Religions Lite is being used.

REMINDER:
- Mod updates reset the configuration file to its defaults.
- The update is possibly still compatible with older saves (provided you change the configuration file back to the values used for the save. If the update is not compatible, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version at the bottom of the Steam Workshop description.
v.12c

- Added a translation of the religion names in Italian (thanks to Diaz Ex Machina)
- Fixed an error message (which didn't impact the game in anyway but annoyed me :p )

Note: This update does not change anything in the actual game files so it should be fully compatible with your old saves as long as you remember to reset the configuration file to your previous settings. Regardless, I've also included a link to the previous version at the bottom of the steam workshop page.
v.12b

-Reduced file size of the mod

-The pressure icons in Strategic View are now (tentatively) working

-Some adjustments to the custom icons

-Fixed some issues with mod compatibility

-Misc. code changes

Reminder

- Updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.

- I believe the hotfix should be compatible with previous saves providing you reset the configuration file to your previously used settings. If not, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version (12a) at the bottom of the Steam description to continue your previous saves.
v.12a

- Hotfix to correct a crash when certain religions where disabled.
- Fixed it and the load order issue so re-added the HR_CHRISTIAN_DENOMINATIONS, HR_DISABLE_UNUSED_BASE_RELIGIONS, HR_NO_CUSTOM_ICONS options to the config file
- Misc. text and code changes.

Reminder:
- Updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.
- I believe the hotfix should be compatible with previous saves providing you reset the configuration file to your previously used settings. If not, I’ve provided a download link for the previous version (12) at the bottom of the Steam description to continue your previous saves.
v. 12

- Mod is now compatible with Gathering Storm (as well as all previous DLC)
-New leaders set to: Matthias (Catholicism), Laurier (Catholicism), Eleanor x2 (Catholicism), Kristina (Catholicism – option for Protestantism [Lutheranism] in the config file), Mansa Musa (Islam [Sunni]), Suleiman (Islam [Sunni]), Dido (Canaanism), Kupe (Manaism [Puata Tupuna]), Pachacuti (Pachaism [Ayni])
- Added Kepercayaan and Odinani to the mod
- Moved a few of the religions from the “Unfinished Religions” section of the config file to the default mod
- New icon for Pachaism to distinguish it from the Incan civ symbol
- Updated the Adventism, Manichaeism, Chiminigagua icons
- Additional icons added to the “Unused Custom Icons” option in the config file
- Corrected the order for a few of the denomination religions in relation to their base religion
- Added additional options to the “Alternate Religious Preferences” section of the config file
- Full German translation added thanks to Stevie
- Misc. text and code changes.

* I’ve temporarily removed the option to reduce Catholicism-Orthodoxy-Protestantism into “Christianity” from the config file. This will be re-added later once the load order changes are worked out.
* The religion pressure icons in strategic view are still not yet implemented for the mod religions. I haven’t had any luck figuring out how this is done, but I continue to look into it. It may not be possible at the moment.

Note:

- Mod updates reset the configuration file. Please check your preferences before starting a new game.
- If playing in multiplayer all players need identical entries in the configuration file
- As the expansion just released, there could stull be compatibility issues I don’t know about. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the mod or the new options in the config file
- Updates are not compatible with existing saves. A direct link to download the previous version is available at the bottom of the mod's Steam Workshop description
Top Bottom