YnAEMP is a TSL map pack using a custom advanced setup menu and realistic random resource placement. Now you can use a True Starting Location map with custom option : select exactly how many and which civilizations you want in game, set your victory condition and other game options usually unavailable when using this kind of maps.
menu screen :
option list :
The realistic random resource placement options are only available for the giant and huge maps.
Actual map list
(screenshots size are relative to map size)
- Yet Another Giant Earth Map (180x94) : edition and convertion of Genghis Kai GEM for civ4.
Quadcore CPU and at least 4 gb of RAM on 64bit OS are recommanded to use this map.
- Yet Another Huge Earth Map (120x80) : Dale's huge Earth edited with Europe and Japan upscaled
- Standard Earth Map (80x52) : a cordiform projection version made by smellymummy
- Standard Europe Map (79x73) : Dieter's Europe CiV
All civs have true starting locations for those maps. The TSL for civs and CS are set via XML files, this way custom civs and CS could be added without needing to edit the maps...
- Important : when updating always remove the previous version of any mod from your mod folder
- update your version of Civilization to at least patch 22.214.171.124
- download the civ5mod file to your mod folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS).
- launch civ5, go in the Mods menu and wait a few seconds for the files to be extracted. If the automatic extraction is not working, use 7zip to manually extract the mod (the .civ5mod file is a 7zip archive) in the mods folder.
- find the "Yet not Another Earth Maps Pack" line and activate the mod.
- from the mod section, click next, go to single player and then to custom game
- do not use the classic set up game option, to get the new advanced setup menu, you must go in custom game, then select Yet (not) Another Earth Maps and click on Load Mod
As a complement, there are independent city-states mods with TSL designed specially for this map pack (see attachment in the mod's thread) :
- Madeira's Selection of ancient city-states to use with the giant map only (still beta version)
- Ynaemp City States for vanilla Civ5, without overlapping start positions and less CS to give more place to European civs.
- Ynaemp City States Extended, with 45 CS with TSL. Due to game engine limitation, only 41 can be loaded in game, and on those, some may be erased at start because of overlapping start location.
- Ynaemp City States for G+K: Add new CS to G+K, you can then use YnAEMP only spaced CS for G+K to remove CS that are to close from other Civilization (require G+K Expansion)
The add-on mods for vanilla civ5 shouldn't be activated at the same time, if you do it the custom game setup menu will tell you and refuse to launch. The add-on for G+K can be used together (And I'd suggest you to use both)
And I also suggest the use of my conversion for YnAEMP of mihaifx's City States Leaders mod (see screenshot below)
- Some files may need to be merged : MapGenerator.lua and WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua if they are used by another mod.
- This mod reinitialize and change 3 resources table : Resource_TerrainBooleans, Resource_FeatureTerrainBooleans, and Resource_FeatureBooleans. Any mod updating those tables should be loaded after this one.
- Since version 0.2, the YnAEMP City state Leader mod does not override any file.
- Add a new TSL for a custom civilization / city state
If the game crash when loading the giant map, try the old version, aka YAGEM (loaded the "normal" way, ie mod -> single player -> set up game -> choose map). If this version alone lead to a crash, then you're probably limited by the the actual civ5 executable and/or your hardware.
Before reporting a bug, please try the following :
- Delete the content of your game cache folder (..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\)
- Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
- Launch YnAEMP, and if you still have the bug go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, open Lua.log with your text editor, and send me a PM with a copy/paste of the content of the file with a description of your problem. (or save the log as a .txt file and post it here)
Minimum Civ5 patch version required : 126.96.36.199, I can't provide support for older version of Civilization V.
- convert the realistic random resource placement for the standard map
- add new natural wonders at semi-random position
- make a dynamic history mod
Credits and Thanx :
Genghis Kai, Dale, smellymummy, Dieter VonClam for their great maps
Ambrox62 for his maps and the AMC mod
Madeira, PseRamesses and everyone on this thread for test reports, comments, suggestions and help debugging the mod
mihaifx for the City States Leaders mod
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack v.22 2016-10-05
[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack v.22