Prompted by the start locations bug in the Fall '17 patch I decided to create my own TSL Earth map in the spirit of the scrambled maps.
I'm very exited to share this ginormous Earth ("mapzilla") at 198x199 of the map on the United Nations flag. It is the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection of Earth from the north pole.
It has approx. 70% water, a Saharan, Arabian & Australian desert, an Amazonian & Subsaharan African rainforest and an inhabitably frozen Antarctica. 198x199.
You'll need top of the line hardware and a graphics card (with lots of VRAM) for it (a supercomputer basically). Or turn your graphics settings to min.
If you are unable to play the whole map, as a consolation, two maps of the hemispheres "Top" & "Bottom" and "The New World" (Americas) are included.
For an entry level games machine map generation (for half-maps): ~5 mins. Save game load: ~1 min.
1. From Advanced Settings check True Start Locations.
2. For the "Top" map, remove all but 5 AI players (base game); remove all but 8 AIs (R&F).
3. Optionally set max. city states.
(Optional) TSL support for CIVITAS North American City States & TCS South American City State Pack ->
Please post any bugs on discussion or Steam. Check Steam link for known issues/bugs.
DEVELOPER NOTES: If you are unable to load a map, try it in WorldBuilder.
We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.Dismiss Notice
All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.Dismiss Notice
To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.Dismiss Notice
- Dismiss Notice
Attention Modders! Please check out this thread about adding resource and linking discussion thread in our new Resource Manager.Dismiss Notice
Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.Dismiss Notice
United Nations Earth with TSL (198x199) 1.3 beta 1
Azimuthal Equidistant Projection of Earth as in the United Nations flag.
- Fix reefs Feb 19, 2018 at 8:24 AM
- Add Support For R&F Feb 9, 2018
- Add The New World (AEP) Map Jan 27, 2018
- Correct Advaced Map Options Name and Description Jan 12, 2018
- Added World Age and Rainfall to advanced options Jan 10, 2018
- Fix Nidaros Dec 18, 2017
- Renamed maps to United Nations Earth Dec 9, 2017
- Correct Russia/Peter TSL Dec 6, 2017