Adds Xia to the base game.
The Erlitou culture of China's central plain marks the decisive shift out of East Asia's Neolithic period, ushering in the beginning of Chinese civilization. Although Erlitou was occupied as early as 3500 BC, it was from 1900-1600 BC that the culture evolved to form the first state-level society of China. During its heyday the Erlitou archeological site included an area of almost 300 hectares. Palatial buildings, royal tombs, bronze foundries, paved roads, and rammed earth foundations attest to the complexity and importance of this central site.
Because of temporal and geographic overlap, the culture is often assumed to correlate to the Xia Dynasty; however, this has not been proven through archeological evidence. Even if true, the details concerning the Xia Dynasty (first recorded more than a millennium later during the Western Zhou period) are largely understood to be mythical; serving as a counterpoint to the subsequent Shang Dynasty. Continued archeological surveys of Erlitou sites are needed in order to form a more complete picture of China's first state.
Steam Workshop Link
- This civilization requires the Brave New World expansion.
- Updates to the mod will most likely break save games. Please do not update until you are ready to begin a new game.
UA: Dynastic Cycle: Losing your Capital, constructing a Courthouse in a conquered foreign Capital, or completing a Social Policy tree starts a new Dynasty and provides a new cumulative bonus (requires an Annexed or Settled City).
UB: Foundry: Replaces Barracks: 1 Great Work of Art/Artifact Slot which, when filled, provides +2% Culture in the City for every Dynasty progressed.
UU: Tuo Ma (Chariot Archer): Nearby Units earn Experience +25% faster. +2 Defense. No Resource Requirement. (-1 Movement).
- Leader scene, leader icon, UB icon by JanBoruta
- Dynasty icon render and Tuo Ma unit graphic by Sukritact
- Pop-up and Dynasty interface lua by JFD
- 死在肉山胯下 and Tokata_RuNeLess for Chinese translation work for the Xia and Shang mods
- Shang sacrifice button lua adapted from TarcisioCM and LastSword’s mods
- DoM voiceover by Andrew Holt (Charlatan Alley)
- Peace Theme: “Morocco” from the Rise of Nations soundtrack. War Theme:
- All code and art otherwise not listed created by Tomatekh (primary author).
- Supports Historical Religions, Ethnic Units, YnAEMP, Civ IV Leader Traits, Unique Cultural Influence, Map Labels, Events & Decisions, Piety & Prestige, Cultural Diversity, Exploration Continued Expanded