1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 Beta .4

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon
    Features:
    • Enormous (128x80 = civ5 huge), Giant (180x94) and Ludicrous (230x115) map sizes for all map scripts
    • Allows to set game with more than 50 Civilizations on the advanced setup screen
    • Largest Earth (230x116): An upscale and rework of Genghis Kai's GEM)
    • Giant Earth (180x94): a conversion of Genghis Kai's GEM (Hormigas version)
    • Play Europe Again (108x98): a conversion of NiRv4n4's Europe (Hormigas version)
    • Greatest Earth Map (104x64) : a conversion of djvandyke's map with large upscale of some regions
    • City Map (True location corresponding city names) for Play Europe Again (W.I.P.)
    • Culturally Linked Start Locations for all maps
    • True Starting Locations for the Real World maps
    Add-Ons:

WARNING :

Still the mod was not released blindly, the Ludicrous size has been tested on a 500 turns game in autoplay with 32 civs without crash on my computer (CPU : i7 4770K, RAM: 16GB, GPU : GTX 980 ti)

Some data from this test (ludicrous, continent, standard time, barbarians ON, 32 civs):
    - total time to reach turn 240 : 03h30, 1 turn takes ~2mn at this point
    - total time to reach turn 475 : 14h30, 1 turn takes ~4mn at this point

Installation :
    • Unzip it to "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"
    • It should create a folder named "Yet (not) Another Maps Pack" and multiple "YnAMP - ..." folders for additionnal components
    • Go in "Additional Content" and activate only the components you want to use by checking the box near "Activate Mod" then click "Back" and launch a game (from the Advanced Setup Screen to have access to all options)
    Please note that Civilization 6 activate ALL new mods by default, but you MUST select only the YnAMP components you want to play with, some are not meant to be activated together, but I have no way to block them ATM.

known issues & known bugs:
    • See first post in the discussion section

Development :

Screens
    Spoiler :

@rock_and_ride (City Map for Play Europe Again)
    @brick623 (City Map for Play Europe Again)
    @tomaltachpaulson (City Map for Play Europe Again)
    @guidemwit (City Map for Giant Earth)
    @wevertonj(City Map for Latin America on G.E.M., Brasilian translation)

@Genghis_Kai (G.E.M. for civ4)
    @NiRv4n4 (Europe for Civ4 )
    @Hormigas (G.E.M. and Europe for Civ5, TSL for Greatest Earth, cliffs mapping)
    @djvandyke (Greatest Earth Map)
    @justinsy (Poland DLC)
    @ulsterbrit (Vikings DLC)
    @civcrashed (conversion table for civ5/civ6 resources, TSL table)
    @Fakoleon (TSL table)
    @Horem (TSL table)
    @Imij (Japan extension on Giant Earth)
    and @everyone for testing, commenting, suggesting, ...

Recent Updates

1. Beta .4
  2. Beta .3.1
  3. Beta .3
  4. version Beta .2
  5. Beta .1
  6. Alpha .16 - hotfix
  7. Alpha .15
  8. Alpha .14
  9. Alpha .13
  10. Alpha .12

Recent Reviews

1. Sampson
    Sampson
    5/5,
    Version: Beta .3.1
    Worked perfectly for me, great job! They should just hire you already Gedemon. @Uncle Sam14: If you cannot right-click to dismiss the notification (to access end turn), then you might need to start over with 22 civs, or select a Pantheon earlier in the game if over 22 civs. I think the game was only designed for 20 civs per map originally.
  2. Uncle Sam14
    Uncle Sam14
    4/5,
    Version: Beta .3.1
    Playing Giant Earth with 24 Civs and 48 City States, everything running smoothly until I was given the option to found a Pantheon, and since my faith was very low I got this on turn 189 and all the 22 Pantheons were already taken, I can't choose any Pantheon now, and I can't End my turn, so I'm stuck. Any suggestions?
  3. SlySlySly
    SlySlySly
    5/5,
    Version: version Beta .2
    Amazing to have all these maps! Such fun!
  4. onelostmuppet
    onelostmuppet
    5/5,
    A must-have additional to my favourite game! Greatest Earth Map is fantastic and quite an improvement on the base earth map that ships with the game. Thank you :)
  5. alex29mc
    alex29mc
    5/5,
    YnAMP Forever !
  6. MrDan2
    MrDan2
    5/5,
    With the last version, i can load the largest eaeth, excellent
  7. Thaijin
    Thaijin
    5/5,
    Version: Beta .1
    Questa è la mappa che mancava! Ed è quella in cui riesco a divertirmi maggiormente, perché ricrea la "reale" alternativa alla Storia dell'umanità. Le versioni aggiornate migliorano continuamente, anche se alcuni bugs devono essere risolti assolutamente, specie nella meravigliosamente enorme mappa "Ludicrous": 230x115...immensa!
  8. soundwaveuk
    soundwaveuk
    5/5,
    Version: Alpha .16
    Fantastic mod. I usually play on Greatest Earth Map to be kind to my computer, and it is very enjoyable. Great work.
  9. Ferocitus
    Ferocitus
    5/5,
    Version 0.16 is working very well for me with ludicrous size GEM at marathon pace. And it plays nicely with AI+ v9 which is a bonus at this stage.
  10. patroy33
    patroy33
    5/5,
    Great work!