SteamDB: "Bison" Depot??

Once we know there aren't going to be any more expansions to break the code after the Complete Edition gets released we can start modding it to improve things we're not happy with. I plan on taking a crack at the social policy trees once I'm completely sure I won't have to deal with any more changes from Firaxis.

That's great :D Would be much appreciated by myself and I'm sure a great deal of the community :goodjob:

I wish we were getting the last seven civs to even it out, along with some game-play changes of course. :(

I wish we were getting the last seven civs to even it out, along with some game-play changes of course. :(

So I'm not the only one with that major O.C.D case haha

Anyway, I think Science Victory is SERIOUSLY lacking.

I kind of wish Community could create the final expansion pack (with maybe the help of Firaxis)

I also wish they'd tell us or explain to us how they made the leaderheads so we could try and create our own with high quality.. things.

I still think there is ample space for another expansion for civ 5 that focuses on colonialism. Add another age in-between the Renaissance and the Industrial ages, scrap the Rationalism social policy tree in favour of one focused on colonial expansion and occupation of other civ's cities. Add a colony and vassal system similar to the one in civ 4, that would also make potential idealogical revolutions more interesting since they could spawn new civs into the game, instead of just handing your cities over to another civ.

Potentially add a proper Future era to the game, and maybe spruce up the science victory a bit, since currently it's definitely the most boring and least interactive victory condition in the game.

Or, put out a standalone conversion of civ 5 that's inspired by Alpha Centauri, that'd be pretty neat as well ;)

I still think there is ample space for another expansion for civ 5 that focuses on colonialism. Add another age in-between the Renaissance and the Industrial ages, scrap the Rationalism social policy tree in favour of one focused on colonial expansion and occupation of other civ's cities. Add a colony and vassal system similar to the one in civ 4, that would also make potential idealogical revolutions more interesting since they could spawn new civs into the game, instead of just handing your cities over to another civ.

Potentially add a proper Future era to the game, and maybe spruce up the science victory a bit, since currently it's definitely the most boring and least interactive victory condition in the game.

Or, put out a standalone conversion of civ 5 that's inspired by Alpha Centauri, that'd be pretty neat as well ;)

Problem with a 3rd expansion is that it would be silly of them to brand the new compilation "Complete Edition".

As much as I want a 3rd one, the chances for an expansion pack is literally less than a 1%.

I'd not only be disappointed if this is the last content they're putting out for Civ V, but I'd be confused as well.

There are still plenty of things that could be done with Civ V, and I for one would willingly purchase any expansion pack or anything that adds new civilizations/features.

More patches would also be lovely --- Germany and Japan weren't improved to the level I wanted, but they were spruced up. Other civilizations could use the same treatment.

Don't know why they'd wrap it up... sure Civ VI will be appreciated, but I'd rather have this iteration fleshed out more.

I'd not only be disappointed if this is the last content they're putting out for Civ V, but I'd be confused as well.

There are still plenty of things that could be done with Civ V, and I for one would willingly purchase any expansion pack or anything that adds new civilizations/features.

More patches would also be lovely --- Germany and Japan weren't improved to the level I wanted, but they were spruced up. Other civilizations could use the same treatment.

Don't know why they'd wrap it up... sure Civ VI will be appreciated, but I'd rather have this iteration fleshed out more.

I don't see this as "what Civ V has left" but what "Civ VI" can offer.

If you think about it Civ V had a rather bad start, and quite frankly is using a intensive graphic engine (I still get grey tiles despite having a decent PC).

What Civ VI could do is put Dennis and Ed on the lead design team to create an awesome platform that they could release as much content as they want, on a better engine in help for low-end specs, as well as lack of bugs or bad choices (Pacts of Secrecy, what the hell did you ever do?)

Im really thorn by this announcement, on the one hand, CiV has gone a long way, from Vanilla unplayable mess, to a much deeper fun game, tho there are still things that need to be looked at, a mayor combat rebalance, complete unit trees, more interesting science victory, and thats not to mention added content, like enlightment age, colonization and 9 civs.

In the other hand, if the devs go around to make CiVI from the ground up (instead of corecting the mess Vanilla CIV was) they could come up with a really great game.

Hopefully they will adress the mayor problems via patches before moving on.

Remember how Civilization IV Colonization came out after Beyond The Sword? Maybe, just maybe, Firaxis is planning a Civilization V Colonization.

Remember how Civilization IV Colonization came out after Beyond The Sword? Maybe, just maybe, Firaxis is planning a Civilization V Colonization.

I'd much prefer a Civ V Alpha Centauri.

Civ IV Colonization was released before and was included in the Civ IV Complete edition.

I'm fairly sure Civ V is going to be done with the release of the complete edition, with only the possibility of an emergency patch for a missed game breaking bug. I'm not happy about it. I only hope they do a much better job with whatever comes next than was done with V vanilla. I also hope 2K improves their communication with the community and starts letting us know what to look forward to and when it can be expected.

What Civ VI could do is put Dennis and Ed on the lead design team to create an awesome platform that they could release as much content as they want, on a better engine in help for low-end specs, as well as lack of bugs or bad choices (Pacts of Secrecy, what the hell did you ever do?)

Yeah, this is the whole reason I'm ready for Civ VI right now. Though Civ 5 has become a game actually worth playing after two expansions, I think that Ed and Dennis can make Civ VI the best offering in the series yet given the chance to create it from the ground up, instead of having to salvage the mess left by Jon Shafer.

Yeah, this is the whole reason I'm ready for Civ VI right now. Though Civ 5 has become a game actually worth playing after two expansions, I think that Ed and Dennis can make Civ VI the best offering in the series yet given the chance to create it from the ground up, instead of having to salvage the mess left by Jon Shafer.

Seems reasonable. I hope you're right.
I just hope we get a complete game with VI vanilla and don't need to wait for an expansion or 2 to restore things that are in BtS and/or BNW.

Hello there everyone. I have some additional information for you about The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario which as you have deduced was codenamed "Bison" :)

• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be included in Civilization V: Complete
• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be available for FREE via Steam to everyone who already owns a copy of Brave New World
• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be attached for FREE to anyone who purchases Brave New World going forward as a bonus

Seems reasonable. I hope you're right.
I just hope we get a complete game with VI vanilla and don't need to wait for an expansion or 2 to restore things that are in BtS and/or BNW.

I feel the same way. Perhaps my standards are too high, but I think that Civ V after G&K and BNW is where it should have been with Vanilla.

The game doesn't feel "expanded" to me after two expansions, but more like well-rounded.

I hope Civ VI Vanilla, besides some features, modifying gameplay, and enhancing the visuals, also generally preserves the features that are in Civ V Complete. I don't want to go back to a needlessly stripped down game. Civ V Vanilla was absurdly simple and grew tedious to play rather quickly.

Hello there everyone. I have some additional information for you about The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario which as you have deduced was codenamed "Bison" :)

• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be included in Civilization V: Complete
• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be available for FREE via Steam to everyone who already owns a copy of Brave New World
• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will be attached for FREE to anyone who purchases Brave New World going forward as a bonus
• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will not be for sale as a standalone piece of DLC.

Thanks!
That is unexpectedly generous and much appreciated.
When can we play it?

• The Conquest of the New World Deluxe Scenario will not be for sale as a standalone piece of DLC.

Yay! Thanks Kate!

In Civ 6 I hope they go more intensive with diplomacy. I like the concepts of Europa Universalis IV's diplomacy. Part of me always feels like it is still lacking. Maybe a total and complete revamp would be in order.

Top Bottom