Input Requested for PolyCast Christmas Special 2015

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Headed by regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn", PolyCast is approaching the conclusion to its ninth season. On December 12th, 2015, the show's annual Christmas Special is to be recorded live as have been episode recordings this calendar year. The regular co-hosts are need of questions to answer, comments to reflect on and topics to investigate to drive this celebratory stream's content: Civ in nature, strategy/computer gaming in general or even PolyCast specific inquiries are all welcome... you are not limited to just one!

To submit your questions, comments or topics for this purpose in advance, do one of the following:

a) respond accordingly to this thread;
b) send an email to thepolycast@gmail.com;
c) leave a voicemail for free by using Skype to call the show; or
d) leave a voicemail by using your telephone to call the show: (301) 637-7659 or +44 121 288 7659.

In addition, the PolyCast team will also take them live during the recording of the 2015 Christmas Special in the chat room powered by YouTube. Help the show's regular co-hosts prepare for this event by submitting your inquiries in advance. PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy.

What are the things Civ:BE did (both right and wrong) that, in your opininon, will make Civ 6 a better game than it'd have been without Beyond Earth existing?

Hello Polycast,

I know you have discussed this in previous episodes, but what features or mechanics are on your "wishlist" for Civilization VI? And on the same note, I was wondering what Civilizations you hope to see in Civ VI?

----------------------------------

And lastly, a Beyond Earth question: What are your favorite affinities, hybrids included?

I'll throw a question out there:

Do you think Beyond Earth will ever reach its full potential?

I've spent hundreds of hours playing BERT at this point, but every subsequent patch job by Firaxis has had a partial air of disappointment about it; something I really don't want from a software update.

Whether it was the wonder "overhaul" that legitimately made wonders worse, the accidental hall of fame breakage or the new marvel quest requirements (which almost neuter that feature entirely); it all adds up to a worrying trend that suggests Firaxis isn't properly focused, or even aware, of how to help this game improve.

I so desperately want to believe that Beyond Earth will one day have awesome wonders, balanced virtues and a longer, more satisfying endgame, but I worry that once Civ VI appears on the horizon that the game will be abandoned as that side project misfire that no longer gets officially supported.

What does Polycast think? At this point in time, do you think Firaxis has the motivation and aptitude to make Beyond Earth a great title instead of a mediocre one?

Top Bottom