PolyCast Episode 47: "Stranger Than Others" with 'Solver' and 'Dauphin'

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

The title is hardly exclusive to this episode. The forty-seventh edition of PolyCast, entitled "Stranger Than Others", features the return of guest co-hosts Solver and Anthony "Dauphin" Christmas. Regular co-hosts present are Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Makahlua and Imran Siddiqui. Total runtime is 44m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 04m06s | News
The long awaited and anticipated Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword 3.17 patch has arrived and a Colonization sequel set in the Civ IV universe is announced.
- 18m39s | Senate
How to use the National Park National Wonder in Civ IV: BtS and when founding a religion, adopt immediately or wait.
- 24m23s | Forum Talk
What to have less of in future Civs, the BtS-introduced religious victory deemed too easy, the Khmer Ballista Elephant being the "crappiest" Unique Unit, an alternate effect for the Commando promotion and bringing back multi-level/layer maps to the series.
- 37m12s | Research Lab
The presence of thieves, bandits and other like units to increase pillaging's profitability.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
What is the Alpha Centauri system has no planets, favourite Civ IV era music and music in PC games overall, and a playing live event proposal for Civ IV.

Comments welcome, discussion encouraged. :king:

I have an Idea for your next Research Lab, What If Civ Was Played on a Hex grid instead of it's current Square Grid?

I have an Idea for your next Research Lab, What If Civ Was Played on a Hex grid instead of it's current Square Grid?
That is certainly something we haven't discussed on the show before. I've added it to our 'to-do' list. :)

DanQ said:
Enjoy this episode?

Of course I did, nothing stood out in particular that made it better or worse of course.

Btw stop complaining about the fact there's no pre-settler level because it's been in Civ 4 since Civ 4 Vanilla, it's called "WORLD BUILDER" :p lol

Of course I did, nothing stood out in particular that made it better or worse of course.
:)

We'll try to do something worse to make it stand out next time then... ;)

Btw stop complaining about the fact there's no pre-settler level because it's been in Civ 4 since Civ 4 Vanilla, it's called "WORLD BUILDER" :p lol
I acknowledged World Builder as the "easiest" means to victory in this episode alone so :p. :lol:

Good show as usual :goodjob:

Heh, "Boston horse party"...

Top Bottom