Divine Intervention

mice

Moose
I've got another silly idea (and the boards go strange over the holidays, so it might crash and burn:lol: ).

It only just qualifies as "strategy" but... it's Christmas, time for fun.

The idea. I play a game on-line 30 turns at a time. After I post a save, the first to claim a "got it" can take the save and...

...go into worldbuilder. There do ONE of the following options.

1. Erase half of my cities. (if i have three, erase one. If I have five, erase 3. If I have 20 erase 10 !)

2. Erase half the cities of one AI civ

3. Erase half my military

4. Erase ALL my military

5. Erase half, or all the military of one AI civ

6. Add to my military a stack of - twenty units of the current era with 2 promotions.

7. Add to any one AI civ - twenty units of the current era with 2 promotions.

8. Add a plethora of resources to my land.

10. Add a plethora of resources to an AI civ's land

11. Remove all food resources from my land.

12. Add any number of food resources to my land

Then re-post the save for me to play on with the new altered situation, after your divine intervention. And don't tell me which one you did. Let me find out the hard way.

You can make my game much harder, or a bit easier , depending on if you are nice or evil.

I'll play at Noble to encourage horrific acts of destruction and deviousness.

Here's the start, and my first 30 turns.

Spoiler :

Unpredictable continents, Big and Small, Standard size , all other settings Normal.

That's me in the crown

Pictures tell the story;
Spoiler :

That's the situation at 30 turns.

Time for some divine intervention. Do your worst !! First in first served.

Attachments

• Mansa BC-2800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    53.9 KB · Views: 295
I love this idea to death! Unfortunatly, I'm not at my Civ computer right now, so I can't participate :( I'll definitly try to play God sometime soon, though :D

Shall I be wicked or kind? Muahahaha! :evil:

I'm happy you like it. I'll wait and see what what you can do later on. :eek:

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away...

(I didn't entirely follow the rules - I am God after all - but I didn't do anything too insane)

Attachments

• Mansa_BC-2800Godded.CivBeyondSwordSave
    59.5 KB · Views: 368
wahahaha. This will be fun i guess... I would say teching fishing next may be smart. Then monarchy seems like an obvious target after that because size 30+ cities are good... Why tech hunting before AG if you have corn but no hunting resources? just so you won't be able to build warriors for cheap happy for monarchy once you get copper hooked up? :p

Too bad I lost another chance of ruining a mice's game :lol: Will wait for next time...

This looks a lot like the thing that you were talking about in the end of the Pharaoh game, isn't it? ;)

Argh !!! Start a thread and then the network falls over in my area.

sorry for the delay chaps.

The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away...

(I didn't entirely follow the rules - I am God after all - but I didn't do anything too insane)

Mansa wakes from a troubled sleep.

Hmm, things seemed to change in the night. The world is not as it was I think. Some divine intervention perhaps... - steps out to survey the land ...

God... - no haven't discovered monotheism - The gods... -no haven't discovered Polytheism... Something out there ... has made a miracle!!!

The miracle of the fishes !!!

Spoiler :
The people of Timbuktu will never go hungry again , if they can just learn to fish. Switch the focus of their studies.

And they need to learn to build a boat.

The miracle has come at a cost. The land that was explored to the east that led to the floodplains and all that gold has been covered in a deep sea.

We are an island.

To the south a new city perhaps,

but the gold is tempting. Mansa has an urge to build cottage indusries to generate commerce commerce and more commerce.

And skirmishers to protect it.

a galley is built

and a settler with a chariot found the gold city.

The powers in the univers like the Malinese people. they like me,Mansa Musa.

We are building a stone circle to honour the powers that gave us the fish and made us an island

The future looks bright . What could possibly go wrong.

(first up grabs the got it)

Attachments

• Mansa BC-1560.CivBeyondSwordSave
    81.6 KB · Views: 326
Why not just roll a die to see what comes up?
My d12 roll (a die with 12 sides) turned up a 12!

12. Add any number of food resources to my land

It seems my fellow "spiritual entities of immense power" (we are not "somethings"), are all too busy enjoying their festive ambrosia.

So it seems that I, the Great Spirit of the Sea, will have to deal with these mortals once more.

And, in light of their failure to give proper thanks for my previous beneficence*, this time I'm not inclined to be very generous...

*A circle of stones? What kind of tribute is that?! A huge tower with light pouring forth to guide ships in my honour - now that would've been a proper gift!!

Attachments

• Mansa_BC-1560Godded.CivBeyondSwordSave
    82.8 KB · Views: 246
A huge stone tower. No I think A huge tree, with lights and decorations, and a star on the top. That's a fitting tribute.

Meanwhile the stone circle finishes
Spoiler :

Waking from another disturbed sleep Mansa sees no change to the world as he knows it. It's quiet. Too quiet.

Then before too long a dark sails are seen on the horizon.

Barbarian Triremes ! A lot of them .

But we see of the first !

Then we sink

More barbs to the south.

We're getting pillaged

Time to research these big boats. Better yet, build an shrine to the Powers of the Universe and receive the knowledge that way.

Yes it worked. Triremes leave Timbuktu to fight it out.

We win on the sea . A prophet is born in the new era of hope.

Djenne is getting rich

After scouting the new lay of the land.

Settler building to grab some land.

Attachments

• Mansa BC-0375.CivBeyondSwordSave
    121 KB · Views: 255
This might be a tad too subtle but we'll see.

Attachments

• Mansa BC-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    122.9 KB · Views: 285
Subtle ? Yes. The world seems exacty the same. Maybe I'm missing something.

Anywho, time rolls ever onwards .

We see Magyar in the North. Good barb dye city. Will take that with an axe and a skirm later.

First, the Collosus is completed in Timbuktu harbor.

Spoiler :

Lots a commerce in these waters. Civics of happiness.

But Djenne slaves a mint after a switch to slavery.

We meet Ram and he is lagging.

So is Cathy

But she likes a bit of extortion.

I say yes, and , convert to her religion.

The barb triremes still attack and sink mine and a workboat sent for the other coast

Skrim hit in maygar

And we decline to give it back to Cath.

CS in,

and a switch to Bureaucracy in a year or two

Here's the Malinese world

Mansa goes to sleep happy. His world is building peacefully and well. The gods (polytheism) seem happy to bless the Malinese people.

Things will surely go well from here.

Attachments

• Mansa AD-0375.CivBeyondSwordSave
    153 KB · Views: 222
The Oracle Speaks to the Malinese People once again. The Spiritual Entities are Pleased with Mali, so no thunderbolts just jet.

Especially The God of NoOneReallyCares sees the potential in the Malinese people, and chooses to present them with a important and Very Holy Quest to free his Holy Mountain from the hands of evil and cannibalstic Abolehell, Priest of a Univerasl Nemesis. In spite of the importance of the great Quest, non complince might as well earn the Malinese People some Thundebolts.

The Place is so holy because a Prophet of the Great God of NoOneReallyCares stoped by there once, smoked some of the weeds growing there, and had some really great visions.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/57778/Mansa_Gods_AD-0375.CivBeyondSwordSave

EDIT: PS: Of course the Great God of NoOneReallyCares would also be more than happy, if the Malinese People would make someone actually care, by spreading his word. But this is just 'wishful-thinking'

EDIT2: And btw - beeing a God as well, The Great God of NoOneReallyCares did see, what the fellow Spiritual Entity known to some mortals as Ozyar did. Took a moment to find but it looks interesting. Of course he will not tell, because the other Gods would not invite him to Coffee and Cake never again, if he did.

Funny thread, I'm curious what's next. I had to laugh at those fish and barbs appearing ;] Too bad I don't own bts or I would have a shot at it.

Whats with all these sissy gods here. Let him show his true faith to the gods, by keep believing and praising them in times of hardship.:bowdown: :evil:

1000 AD . Has anyone noticed that I, Mansa Musa , am immortal? I've been around for 3000 years. Still fit. Twenty wives. Can't count the grandkids.

Immortality is not the only thing given by the gods. In dark visions now I see the name of the power in this universe. It is TheGodofNoOneReallyCares. Long name.

In these dark visions I can see the land and the sea beyond our borders, sometimes, through a murk in the blackness.

This is the vision that plagues my sleep.
Spoiler :

Shangian. A mountaintop fortress, no doubt full of men armed to the teeth. This is a Holy Mountain that NoOneReallycares would like the Malinese people to find, and to free from the evil control of Abolehell, whoever he is. Sounds unsavory. But we Malinese will not shrink before a quest.

We've had enough of building cottages. We are friendly with our neighbor Catherine - who can be trusted I feel. So we will research better boats, and go straight to AboleHell, to release the Holy Mountain for NoOneReallyCares, AND spread the word of the Religion that rests there waiting for us

Before our better boats can be built, We send a galley and some triremes for protection to make abridge to the larger landmass. We need settlers over there to take land that Catherine is settling quickly. Our settling was slowed down by the forming of the seas in ancient times.

But the barbarian triremes come back to play.

three barb triremes go down . We live.

Send a spy to look at Russia

Back home, a second prophet is born. Our religion in Russian Judaism, but the old cult of Osolete tells us to make our prophets at home in the city, to make god through alchemy and assist in production.

Gao is settled optimistically, as it needs sea food to survive. Possibly foolish, but I would like that silver in time.

Sitting bull is met, and starts by extorting.

Our herbalist make a discovery. we don't have the gold to really benefit. Argh ! I would love that health in the Capital.

And then ... our spy finds Rostov.

Subtle? Hm. Catherine has taken a big boost in her science and expansion. Now I see why. A wonderland of gem mining. She is friendly, but she will become apowerful force in the years to come. Maybe we should build some military.

Back to the quest , I see that rostov is near our goal, the island fortress.

Better \boats built

and we launch into the unknown

We will build boats, we will build Macemen , we will take the mythic island in the distant sea.

...unless the powers have other ideas.

Attachments

• Mansa AD-1000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    193.6 KB · Views: 275
Top Bottom