Civilization Revolution Coming in June

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
2K Games today announced that Civilization Revolution will be in stores beginning June 3, 2008. For Europe, the release date is June 6, 2008. It will be available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo DS.

Check out our Civilization Revolution gallery for 3 new screenshots taken under Xbox 360 and also 6 new screenshots from Nintendo DS!

That's nice. (But I'm more interested in the date of the next patch for BTS):lol:

Assumption: They are done with Civ IV, No more patches/updates/expansions . The next thing will be Civ V.

Q: After June 3rd, will I ever play Civ IV again?

Opinion: Civ Rev looks GREAT, I can't wait for it's release!

It's not coming to Wii?! I thought they said it would be?

Unfortunately for us Wii owners, Take2/Firaxis dumped the Wii version. But don't worry, once they see the only significant revenue stream for CivRev is coming from the DS, they'll jump back on the Wii-train. :D

Can't get excited about this one... I suppose if it ACTUALLY plays on the DS it might be a nice handheld game, but I would be surprised if it was actually fun on the living room platforms.

It plays very nicely on the DS. ;)

And it is absolutely fantastic on the XBox360!

great news as it is, I still hope they will make at least one more patch for BtS to correct the bugs in the current version :)

great news as it is, I still hope they will make at least one more patch for BtS to correct the bugs in the current version :)

The good news for firaxis is that they are moving to platforms that don't typically have extensive updates - now their bugs can live forever with no expectation of a patch :lol:

the only thing that i dont like is that is kinda looks too cartoony, like advance wars, otherwise it looks great

As far as the DS version goes, I think the reason it doesn't look as good as it could've done is precisely because they haven't made it look as cartoony as, say, Advance Wars.

The DS was clearly never going to be able to complete with Civ4 or CivRev 360 graphics. I find it a little disappointing that they've made it look more like Civ2 than go for some stylized approach.

A cartoony-looking Civ DS would've been great.
Ah well.

Does anybody know why Firaxis dumped the Wii version? I suspect that I will give the DS version a try as the portability of it appeals. However, I eagerly await a review first as I will have to purchase a DS. I'll let someone else make the mistakes before I do..... it's somebody else's turn for that!!

I think it's because it has a completely different control and would take longer.... They'll probably continue making the wii one if the other ones make a lot of money

I think it's because it has a completely different control and would take longer.... They'll probably continue making the wii one if the other ones make a lot of money
I believe it was because the wii had to have completely different art work (because of the limited ram) so they couldn't just port the 360 version to wii like they did with the PS3. In the US, 360 still has a higher owner base than Wii so if 360 sales are good then the Wii version would probably be continued. I seriously doubt Revolution has any chance of selling at all in Japan where is nothing but the Wii.

Specifically, they said they "lacked the resources" to do the job. That means they didn't have enough money, artists, and/or programmers to do the job in the required time frame. Remember, all versions of the game are being done in-house by Firaxis, and are not being farmed out to other companies to "port".

But remember, the wii version is just on "indefinite hold". If the other versions sell well enough, they may find the resources to finish the wii version.

As far as the DS version goes, I think the reason it doesn't look as good as it could've done is precisely because they haven't made it look as cartoony as, say, Advance Wars.

The DS was clearly never going to be able to complete with Civ4 or CivRev 360 graphics. I find it a little disappointing that they've made it look more like Civ2 than go for some stylized approach.

A cartoony-looking Civ DS would've been great.
Ah well.

Oh man, I cannot see, at all, why cartoony graphics appeal to people. No slight intended. The whole Eastern-anime thing provides zilch realism, which I feel Westerners appreciate much more. Days of Ruin was borderline un-purchasable for me because of its graphics. If not for the solid high reviews and anticipation, I would've passed. I do enjoy it, but it is not a game I can't put down, which I'm hoping for w/ CivRev - if it is to be as addicting as the computer series.

My only concern for buying this for the ds is that many larger ds games have the tendency to run slow and choppy... So ill just have to read the review when it comes out.

Top Bottom