WW1 Complete Infantry pack 1

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
This is the first big World War I Infantry Pack.
(Including 50 completely custom made lowest polygon units)

The Units were originally produced for Snafusmiths WW1 Blood and Iron Mod.
modelled and painted completely from scratch after original WW1 gears!

They all are optimized for epic battles with Formations and Regiments.
Because all figure units are very performance friendly, as they plus their equipment count not more that or around 400 polygons and one 128*128 texture (except the Horse and the Machinegun).
(that actually should be the lowest polygon count for any human figure on this forum... for comparison an average vanilla unit has between 800 and 1200 polygons :p)

AA´s Flamethrower is attached to this post. replace the paratrooper_fx.nif in that zip with the flamethrower unit coming with my zip

Every Nation has from left to right an Infantry Unit, a Cavalry Unit, a Machinegunner in pre-trenchwarfare uniform and a Machinegunner, Infantry, Grenadier Stormtrooper in trenchwarfare equipment (mostly helmet, Grenades and Armor) and the Germans even have a Flamethrower

And here are some bonus units:
a German feldgrau early uniform. an Albanian Fighter for Shqype. trenchwarfare US troops.

and some random battle scenes with units in action:

here a detailed shot of two units with their original sized texture:

Download thread is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9048

cheers.
please credit me for the use ;)

EDIT: updated download to include early Infantries ;) and the proper flamethrower unit.

Attachments

• Austria.jpg
    Austria.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 9,097
  • Britain.jpg
    Britain.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 8,458
  • France.jpg
    France.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 8,514
  • Germany.jpg
    Germany.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 9,190
  • Italy.jpg
    Italy.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 8,349
  • Russia.jpg
    Russia.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 8,393
  • USA.jpg
    USA.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 8,199
  • Unbenannt-1.jpg
    Unbenannt-1.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 5,411
  • Flamethrowing Paratrooper.zip
    367.8 KB · Views: 414
absolutly great! the models looks like they had much more vertices, and also absolute great skins (now i go back to school ;) and try to learn to make such skins also )

Ciao
The_Coyote

Very great pack! Thanks for posting it!

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for making it, and thanks for releasing it! :D

Serbia, Bulgaria and Ottoman Empire would be excellent additions to this fine collection.

I'm speechless... Brilliant work, SeZ! Thank you so much!!!
I now have the sweet headache of how to add all of the fantastic units to a general mod! Sweet, sweet troubles! ;)

And you know what? The best part is that SeZ called this WW1 Complete Infantry pack 1! Would that mean that another pack is on the way? ;)

Thanks to everyone!
It was a nice challange to work with so little polies and goin back to tiny 128*128 textures... it´s really "every pixel counts" work ;)
Another pack is to come, but most likely i will create it when Smitty gives a sign of coming back and working on Blood and Iron again.
Until then I´ll use my time for FfH II stuff.

Here's the German Flamethrower in action (just in case anyone wanted to see it).

well, thats weird, actually you are showing AA´s paratrooper. I am sure I included the real german ww1 flamethrower as can be seen on this pic in the top right corner:

and with so many units i am sure i forgot somethng, so let me know if you see any errors or something.

a and to prevent confusion : the textures are all in the shared folder. simply place the shared folder into your assets/art/ folder and it will be fine.

Absolutly outstanding

Thanks to everyone!
well, thats weird, actually you are showing AA´s paratrooper. I am sure I included the real german ww1 flamethrower as can be seen on this pic in the top right corner:

and with so many units i am sure i forgot somethng, so let me know if you see any errors or something.

a and to prevent confusion : the textures are all in the shared folder. simply place the shared folder into your assets/art/ folder and it will be fine.

Has anyone figured it out yet in a modular way? I guess i got it wrong, i cant figure out the flame now??:blush:
I have the effects under Art and in the flamethrower folder, i have the effectinfo in the Misc folder under XML??

Top Bottom