WoC Lite(made for merging)

johny smith

Deity
WoC Lite

This is a trimmed down version of the WoC.
Including the following:
1. Modular loading.
All you need are the changes to the xml not the whole xml over and over again, but it does not have to be used.
You can still run from the old xml folder if you like.

2. The gigantic gamefont files.

184 Religions, 184 Corporations, and 368 Resources now possible.

Note:
The PSD files in font folder can be opened in Photoshop.
In it you can edit the icons but do not move the layer.
Then merge the layer with the borders down over the icon layer.
Last save as .tga and you are done.
Important do not move the layers from there current position just add on to the layers there.

3. The scrolling civics screen.

Add as many civics as you like.

The credit should go to mrgenie, and faichele. I just put this together. They are the masters behind it.

SDK is included to made it easier to merge with other mods. Everything has been removed except the things listed above from the WoC Full version.

Download link

RevDCM WoC Lite merge 3.17
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12269

Basic WoC Lite 3.19
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12149

@keldath

There is some changes in the Civ4GameInfoSchema.xml for the font changes. There are comment in there as "TGA_INDEXATION". That is about it. You need the MLF files in the modules folder. But you do not have to change your stuff modular to run.

So just update your Civ4ReligionInfo.xml and Civ4CorporationInfo.xml and should be good.
And copy modules folder under assets. The civics screen can be removed if you don't want it of course.

Thanks for comments and again I just took the time to merge this. I am not a programmer. Mrgenie and faichele deserve all of the credit for this.

hey thanks buddy,
so, all i need is to take the schema and the font folder to my mod right?
no sdk related code?

basicly i only wnna extract from woc the fonts, not the entire system .

mrgenie is still around civ? tell him i said hi.

and dont be moddest, youve done some really nice work.

@keldath

You need the SDK of course. You need the modular system to use the fonts. So you need all of this basically. The same stuff that loads the modules loads the fonts.

You do not need to place the xml in the modules folder though for the fonts.

Sorry I am not good at explaining lol.

Yes I know but font changes are dependent on having modular loading system.

You can not just have the fonts without it. That is why I tried to make it as lite as possible. And again you need just the modules folder and 2 MLF files in there. You do not have to add anything in modules but you have to have the MLF files.

I do not know a way around it. Sorry.

@mamba

It has only the modular loading, the tga indexation, and the scrolling civics screen.

Everything else is gone. Stripped out the dll. So nothing will work from the core until the xml is stripped down.

Ok, I get it, this is an even more core package. It does not include any of the other dll changes of WoC and thus does not support any of the new xml tags either (and hence does not support WoC modules), while WoC Core and WoC Full 'only' differ in the included modules.

@keldath

Yes. This is as small as I could get it to include the font file changes.

I mean you can always use the WoC Core or WoC Full as well, just that has all of the features in the dll versus this one with the minimum.

I may build on to this a few things later. I was happy I could do it all. Trying to learn some C++. I was thinking Revolution and DCM if get time with SDK changes.

The idea I had for this was as small as possible so others may be able to use it for xml changes and at the same time not be limited in how many civics, religions, corporations, or resources.

@strategyonly

Just like you would normally in WoC core.

Make a folder in modules. Put the folder's name in "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml".

I will show you example in the WoC via a weblink.

Here is the link to the civilizations folder in WoC.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=7976189

Here is what in under Aborigines civ.
https://worldofciv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/worldofciv/Assets/Modules/Civilizations/Aborigines/

You need a similar structure for the MLF files that you see in the folders.

You need to include schemas as you see. If you need any more help ask.

I really do like that scrolling civic screen as the original civic screen has been limiting the civic modding so much... and those huge gamefont files open up all kinds of new possibilities :)

Top Bottom